S472 vs danville 72

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Man after reading your guys problems with ups makes me feel loved. I don't recall ever having a problem with ups. Now fedex on the other hand I have very few good things to say about at least for resident delivery. But its funny you had package problems from usps with your turbo because I have had the same thing happen with a turbo from them.

Attachments

• 20130504_125459.jpg
    20130504_125459.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20130504_125300.jpg
    20130504_125300.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 76

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Man after reading your guys problems with ups makes me feel loved. I don't recall ever having a problem with ups. Now fedex on the other hand I have very few good things to say about at least for resident delivery. But its funny you had package problems from usps with your turbo because I have had the same thing happen with a turbo from them.

Looks like a shoddy made bomb lol

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

Did they just tape cardboard to the turbo itself and call it good? Haha

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
They all want more money in there checks but cant do a better job. Alot of people in all kinds of work dont have much pride anymore. Sorry about your issue.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Well its rescheduled for monday delivery. I heard the guy say the distribution center would be open today so I may head down there again and raise some serious hell and see if I can get my package. I may see a side of myself this afternoon that ive never seen before.

But anyways since im most likely ****ed until monday and I took tonight off work before I knew it would get lost, I think im gonna pull the compressor housing off and polish the shit out of it.

Turns out my truck only needs an emissions inspection this year so last night I put my stock exhaust back on and will head out this morning to get emissions taken care of then pay the taxes in february when its actually do. So I will be good for a year and 2 months. I can rip my egr out and everything with no worries.:woott:

Super glad I didnt have to peel my tint this year.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
They plug into the obd port and if there is no check engine light then it passes...we also have to pass a visual. Has to have cat if originally equipt...egr and all that junk.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Some of you guys make me laugh, while others simply make me wish Rob hadnt been so successful getting DD so high on the Google Search responses for Duramax questions.

I just hope the package hasnt been damaged. Sometimes these sellers package the piping up with the turbo, and if the packing doesnt hold, the turbo becomes a bowling ball inside the box. Everything gets wrecked.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Some of you guys make me laugh, while others simply make me wish Rob hadnt been so successful getting DD so high on the Google Search responses for Duramax questions.

I just hope the package hasnt been damaged. Sometimes these sellers package the piping up with the turbo, and if the packing doesnt hold, the turbo becomes a bowling ball inside the box. Everything gets wrecked.

What are you implying.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
The ups guy we have on the rural route is awesome. But he was out for 2 monthes with shoulder problems, and when he was there were lots of issues. I talked to him before thanksgiving and he told me about all the customers on his route happy to see him back. He also told me about the problems when he was gone, there are good and bad with every job. Anyways looking forward to seeing it.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Can u PM me the tracking number? I'll see if I can figure it out.

Something I found out about our tracking system is that not every "scan" listed when you track a package is an actual scan. Some are "assumed" scans based on travel times between centers/hubs/etc. You see this a lot on cross-country shipments where the packages spend more than a day inside a trailer/rail car. These assumptions can be tossed out the window if something delays the shipment, weather being the primary problem this time of year.

As it is, UPS underestimated their Christmas volume projections by a HUGE percentage this year. Hell, all of us actually doing the work could see it coming but the powers-that-be arent that intelligent. For example, there are literally 5 drivers working 10-11 hour days delivering the area that my coworker and I deliver the other 11 months of the year. FIVE!!!! Thats insane volume.
Anyway, Id bet your kit got held up somewhere, but it will be there as quickly as it can be. Just be patient.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Showed up at the distribution center again...now they tell me its not even there. Its at some other location or its possibly on a truck out for delivery. Nobody has a ****ing clue what is going on.

I think ive heard "sorry we cant do anything for you" about 600 times in 3 days.

The lady took my name and number down on an old peice of crumpled up paper and she will call me if she "comes accross it". Boy im sure gonna sit around and wait for that phone call:spit:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Thanks for the info tom. Finally talked to someone who explained exactly what you explained. I guess I can sleep easy now and not keep staring at these assumed scans wondering where my package is.

Now...I guess I will see what I can do about polishing.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You have to understand that UPS Customer Service is not UPS personnel. They havent been for years. They have no "skin in the game" being subcontracted employees. I honestly think our company's upper management decided customer service wasnt important the day they took the company public. It became "all about the money" to them. :eek:
I am sorry that our tracking system isnt more accurate, but hope that you get your kit in good condition on Monday.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
You have to understand that UPS Customer Service is not UPS personnel. They havent been for years. They have no "skin in the game" being subcontracted employees. I honestly think our company's upper management decided customer service wasnt important the day they took the company public. It became "all about the money" to them. :eek:
I am sorry that our tracking system isnt more accurate, but hope that you get your kit in good condition on Monday.

I know its not your fault and i really did appreciate the help from someone who actually knew how things work on the inside.

And needless to say, that compressor cover is staying the way it is. Messed with it for a few minutes and it would take forever to polish that thing since the castings on those are so rough.