S472 vs danville 72

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Most of the damaged boxes I've seen have been from poor packing. Sure, packages are sometimes mishandled, but a couple of the ones I've seen in this thread look like the person doing the shipping has no idea how to pack a turbo for cross country travel. You have to use a good box with lots of cardboard and packing material. Proper packing is 100% the shipper's responsibility.

I hope your piping shows up soon.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Back to the thread, what was your max boost with the danville and egt? Mine was 45-46# and 1450-1500.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Whenever I bought my twin setup from a member on here, it shipped up in a big box with basically everything dumped inside together. Dings, scrathes, etc on all the piping and the turbos. It was rediculous!

Part of the box had been ripped open and taped back up by ups, clamps and bolts were missing. The valley oil drain tune for the 366 had been crushed under one of the turbos.

This wasn't UPS' fault, it was 100% the shipper. I guess he had his money so he didn't care on how it arrived to me.

Point is, people shipping this stuff really need to pay attention to packaging. It's not being strapped in a car seat and safely driven across the country. These boxes get beat up like any other package and the size/weight of the turbo kits can be very awkward for those guys to handle. It sucks to be so excited about an expensive set of parts coming in only to be let down when it arrives damaged.

Good luck with everything! Hope you get it squared away!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I packaged a triple kit piping package as good as it could have been done and UPS managed to screw up the package. Thank hod it parts were good. It got as gar as three miles to the customer and they sent it back to me saying that was policy. They would not let the customer pick it up but would ship it back across the country to me. Needless to say they do not ship packages for me now. All I wanted for them to do is ship it back for more charge since nothing was damaged or lost as they claimed. They supposedly inspected the items but did not and stuck someone else's lost part into my box and taped it up. Good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Here's a little tip for shipping turbos and piping: Buy a Rubbermaid container and put the stuff in there. They sell bubble wrap at Wally. Use it. When you have everything secured in the container, use some screws to hold the lid in place. No worries about boxes ripping and I would assume it makes it very easy for the workers to move around.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I also need suggestions on colors. I decided im going to paint it before I install it.

If it shows up monday then I will paint it and then wednesday start the install.

Im not one to have big bright fancy colors but I saw a members twin kit that had black compressor housings with orange piping and I actually really liked it. Im also into classic red and black. Maybe everything all white? I dont know...

My truck is white with black rims and white piping is a bitch to keep clean. If anyone has any pics of there stuff, post them!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
White looks cool but gets dirty quickly. Powder coating would probably be easier to keep clean. Mine is just some rattle can stuff with no clear and greasy fingerprints stay there. I bet with a few layers of clear on there it might wipe off better.

I really wanna see a 5" hydro-dipped woodgrain intake.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
White looks cool but gets dirty quickly. Powder coating would probably be easier to keep clean. Mine is just some rattle can stuff with no clear and greasy fingerprints stay there. I bet with a few layers of clear on there it might wipe off better.

I really wanna see a 5" hydro-dipped woodgrain intake.

Wood grain would be pretty pimp. The paint I will use is catalyzed automotive stuff in a rattle fan. Painted my roll pan with it and it is tough. I think greese or anything will wipe right off.

Its a 3 stage primer, paint then clear.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yea I dont think I will do white. I rattle canned my stock pipes white and it looked horrible.

I think red and black will most likely be the colors I go with.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What is the maximum boost pressure you guys with the s472's making?
Cams, porting, or stock engine?

from mobile

My stock engine I saw 42psi on a 83 turbine, .90 AR.

built engine I have seen 55psi, same turbine with 1.10 AR.

Stock heads/cam, none of that nonsense.