S369sxe or s467

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Ok, im wanting to finish getting everything i need. Do i just need 8 orings and coppers for the injectors? How about clips for lines or anything like that? Do i need a special injector puller?

How about cp3? Anything special needed there? Is it a good idea just to delete factory filter head and run 1/2 line straight to cp3?

Im confident in turbo swap, already done that once.

Injectors should come right out, you can loosen and rotate the HP line and use it to pull the injector out.

The small clips can be reused unless you loose one, you can pull them off with some needle nose or a small flathead.

Make sure you take a close look at the hold downs and bolts. A lot have good luck reusing them. I hade to replace the bolts in mine, I lifted a few injectors.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Cylinder pressure, stretched bolts, bent hold downs, bore having debris in it, injector not fully seated. Numerous things can cause it. Just inspect the bolts/hold downs, clean the bore really well, new copper and o-ring, and install the injector, tq it down then install the HP fuel line.

I lifted my #8 one real bad and pretty sure I torched the head I little bit lol.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Sounds good. You think a stock motor/injector would lift them out?

Doubtful, but its happened. I lifted mine about 4 days after all what was done in my sig, sounded like a locomotive and was blowing fuel into the engine bay.

You'll be fine it's not that common to lift one.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
Following this.... just got out of my $44k truck and got back into an 06 LBZ that i picked up for $8k w/ 233k....Thinking s472sxe and 10mm pump w/ 60s. shooting for 750hp-800hp and low 11s in the 1/4. Mostly want to see what my built Allison can do to get me there. Power aint sh*t unless you can put it down nicely.:coolspot:

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Nice man. I'm gonna shoot for 650-700 and high 11s lol. Not wanting to blow it right away. My injectors tried to get delivered today but need signature. Hsp said kit wouldn't be here by this weekend either.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Following this.... just got out of my $44k truck and got back into an 06 LBZ that i picked up for $8k w/ 233k....Thinking s472sxe and 10mm pump w/ 60s. shooting for 750hp-800hp and low 11s in the 1/4. Mostly want to see what my built Allison can do to get me there. Power aint sh*t unless you can put it down nicely.:coolspot:

Start planning an engine build if you haven't already.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Sounds good. You think a stock motor/injector would lift them out?

I've seen multiple trucks lift injectors that weren't built.

Generally it's after major work (headgaskets etc) and the bore wasn't cleaned fully and or the o ring/ washer were reused.

I just clean the bore well, new print and copper, clean threads on the hold down bolt, and put a dab of arp lube on the bolt. Then tighten the piss out of it.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Gun cleaner kit. Comes with bore brushes. Rather cheap and work great!

Harbor freight sells them