Rumor has it that mikel no longer deals with suncoast

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I understand dmax vaz doesnt really offer any tech knowledge but i thought that timeouts and stuff werent given here? posting back and forth is just throwing gas on a fire. plus what he says has to have some merit to it or it wouldnt really bother anyone. kind of like sillyboyrs4 or whatever. hes a complete tard so everyone just makes fun. not so true with vaz. i guess i just dont really understand the situation.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
I understand dmax vaz doesnt really offer any tech knowledge but i thought that timeouts and stuff werent given here? posting back and forth is just throwing gas on a fire. plus what he says has to have some merit to it or it wouldnt really bother anyone. kind of like sillyboyrs4 or whatever. hes a complete tard so everyone just makes fun. not so true with vaz. i guess i just dont really understand the situation.

Trust me he is not the first to get a timeout :angel:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I guess it just comes down to common curteousy (sp?). If DmaxV was so worried about it then he could have just sent Mike a PM to find out. Thats what I did a while ago and Mike was up front about everything. There was NO reason to make a huge thread out of it to make it look like Mike was in some sort of trouble with Suncoast. When it comes down to it, it was Mike's personal business and if he wanted to make it know then he would have done it himself.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I guess it just comes down to common curteousy (sp?). If DmaxV was so worried about it then he could have just sent Mike a PM to find out. Thats what I did a while ago and Mike was up front about everything. There was NO reason to make a huge thread out of it to make it look like Mike was in some sort of trouble with Suncoast. When it comes down to it, it was Mike's personal business and if he wanted to make it know then he would have done it himself.

Well said

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
..... but i thought that timeouts and stuff werent given here? ......

That was the original idea. But we never counted on people that would come here just so they would get banned with their posts. So we had to change. We still don't wave the ban stick around as much as other sites that I'm aware of. Some feel we don't do it enough. When you deal with people that love to be e-thugs, keyboard warriors, etc you have to adapt and we did.

Differences of opinion are 1 thing. Threads with different views are how performance gains are archived. Person1 and person2 argue their views on how things should be done; which might give person4 or person5 ideas and then suddenly everyone is going faster while hopefully not breaking anything. But when you have person3 that just says everyone is stupid and gets in the way of everyone progressing, well you have to deal with that person and sometimes it takes a timeout or 3.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I take it that only applies to certain members.

Absolutely. A PITA who does nothing for his fellow enthusiast doesn't receive identical treatment to those who help others.

And in this way, TheDieselPlace and Dmaxes separate. On TDP, aholes get MORE leeway than techies, but on here, techies get more respect than aholes.

That's just the way it is here. It's not a popular viewpoint to everyone, but this board ain't for everyone. No site is. :hello:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Mike who?

:rofl:

His word and his record speaks for itself, with or without any ONE supplier. :thumb:

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Absolutely. A PITA who does nothing for his fellow enthusiast doesn't receive identical treatment to those who help others.

And in this way, TheDieselPlace and Dmaxes separate. On TDP, aholes get MORE leeway than techies, but on here, techies get more respect than aholes.

That's just the way it is here. It's not a popular viewpoint to everyone, but this board ain't for everyone. No site is. :hello:
Fair enough, if that's the way you want it to be. I just wanted to be clear. I just thought EVERYONE should respect EVERYONE. Not just certain people should respect certain people.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Fair enough, if that's the way you want it to be. I just wanted to be clear. I just thought EVERYONE should respect EVERYONE. Not just certain people should respect certain people.

Nope. Respect is earned. If someone uses their posts primarily to attack competing shops, I'm not sure how much "respect" they should be given.

And no, you don't have to be perfect to get respect; it's not a prerequisite. Yeah, Mike can be a cranky ol' MF'r now and then, but that is the Mike we know and love. So if he throws an insult out now and then, he is forgiven. Heck Mike has slammed me a few times as well.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I understand having differences. Mike has flat out told me he doesn't like me. I have been hard headed with done things but I don't see the need to argue or meddle. But I personally want to see the Dmax world progress and help along the way. I don't understand why you would pick on someone who has fostered the thing we all love most. We all owe a debt to the pioneers whether you love or hate. Steve cole is smart. He's an asshole but he's smart and at one point was very progressive. I guess I don't see how people don't realize that people earn their respect and deserve it regardless

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I understand having differences. Mike has flat out told me he doesn't like me. I have been hard headed with done things but I don't see the need to argue or meddle. But I personally want to see the Dmax world progress and help along the way. I don't understand why you would pick on someone who has fostered the thing we all love most. We all owe a debt to the pioneers whether you love or hate. Steve cole is smart. He's an asshole but he's smart and at one point was very progressive. I guess I don't see how people don't realize that people earn their respect and deserve it regardless

Mike has told LOTS of folk "I don't like you". Funny thing is, about 6 months later, I'm stopping by his shop and the guy he couldn't stand before is there talking with Mike and they are laughing. Go figure.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
yes reno respect is earned but it is also lost and there are plenty of people that at one time earned a fair amount of respect. but it is just as big of a job to maintaine that respects. just because you get respect once doesnt mean you can go and do anything you want and still get the respect that you where getting

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Mike has told LOTS of folk "I don't like you". Funny thing is, about 6 months later, I'm stopping by his shop and the guy he couldn't stand before is there talking with Mike and they are laughing. Go figure.

It's true. If I was stuck he'd probably help me. He's here to help the hotrodders.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

I have known Steve Cole for 30 years. I met him when he first opened his shop around the corner from mine. We hit it off and became friends and did a lot of business together. We had some fun times and did a few projects together.
He is extremely intelligent and has been one of the innovators of diesel performance and gas before that. His products are great and well engineered and there are a couple I don't like and don't think they work that well but that is my opinion.
I no longer get along with him and we don't speak. I have respect for his ability and his accomplishments but the rest is private. I don't owe him anything and he owes me nothing. And yes I told you I flat out don't like you. And yes I would help you.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I have known Steve Cole for 30 years. I met him when he first opened his shop around the corner from mine. We hit it off and became friends and did a lot of business together. We had some fun times and did a few projects together.
He is extremely intelligent and has been one of the innovators of diesel performance and gas before that. His products are great and well engineered and there are a couple I don't like and don't think they work that well but that is my opinion.
I no longer get along with him and we don't speak. I have respect for his ability and his accomplishments but the rest is private. I don't owe him anything and he owes me nothing. And yes I told you I flat out don't like you. And yes I would help you.

Haha. I can accept not everyone will like me thats just life. I dont see how you can say civil things about steve when you have grounds not to, and someone like vaz just goes off? The difference is you would help, he wouldnt. Hes kind of polluting the diesel gene pool. The sad part is there are alot of great guys with great trucks who avoid the internet because of people like him.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com

not to butt in but that was probably the most respectable post i have ever read on any forum.