LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I only ran it for about 20 seconds, cooling system is empty, one of the return line clips is missing, stock y bridge is in with 2 bolts temporarily and my oil drain fitting is still open. Just wanted to be sure it would start before I pile more parts on top of the motor :)

JDT4430

Jul 29, 2014
Better than what I did. Got motor in and everything hooked up and was being impatient so decided to fire it up with out the radiator and forgot about the trans lines and sprayed tranny fluid every were.

BTW that video was a tease, I'm ready to see it doing smokey burnouts.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Better than what I did. Got motor in and everything hooked up and was being impatient so decided to fire it up with out the radiator and forgot about the trans lines and sprayed tranny fluid every were.

BTW that video was a tease, I'm ready to see it doing smokey burnouts.
Done that in a dooge. Man it makes a Flippin mess. 3 seconds and hours of clean up lol

je942010

Jan 2, 2014
North Tonawanda New York
Also got my two new gauges and overhead gauge pod. Painted the pod with SEM factory match rattle can.

Fuel pressure gauge will be used to monitor lift pump pressure, the boost gauge is a Hewitt dual needle gauge. One for total boost pressure, and one for drive pressure. I have a 0-60 psi gauge in the truck already that will be used for first stage boost.

IMAG0309_zpsnzqmvpf2.jpg
Where did you get that gauge pod from?

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Had to watch the Gasser vids after I watched the run vid, holy cow that thing raised some hell going down the strip lol...Congrats on getting it back together!

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

What do you guys think of this for drive pressure? I have 12 feet of copper tubing between the manifold and the gauge. Will coiling up the tubing like this dissipate heat, or will the coils touching each other transfer heat like the coils aren't there? I can't figure out how to coil up the wire in a different way that doesn't flop around a lot.

IMAG0357_zpsc2acpeua.jpg

IMAG0358_zps8tlvgdjb.jpg

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Lol! UPS seems to either come at 2:30 or 6:30, and they didn't come at 2:30 today...so...I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I even took a work from home day today so the turbo kit wouldn't be sitting by the front door all afternoon, guess that was a waste. Sigh.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty sure my oil feed and drain lines are missing...unpacked all the boxes and didn't see and AN fittings in there. Will have to call Wehrli tomorrow and see what's up.