Info: Quad Turbo Update

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Try finding a boost leak in that cluster! lol awesome job keep us posted we are very anxious to see numbers and a wicked video for sure. :baby: Nice job though excellent fab work too! :woott:

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Status

Well I havent worked on it for the past 3 months.....Because I have been busy helping Brad at G and J Deisel with the MBRP Dirtymax! I Dont actually work at G and J......I own my own business so I am only up there once in a while when I am working on the Quad Turbo or prototyping a new project. But I will be there tomorrow from 8 to 5 working on the Dirtymax, if you have time to stop by.

ferdkilla

Jan 24, 2011
:thumb: This is truely beautiful work sir Ive been throwing this idea around for a while trying to see how involved it would be. Now I see!! Good job man I hope i get to see it run soon! I do have one question though..... Why didnt you just use the banks intake? I like your better btw.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
banks intake

banks intake uses a fairly short runner.....which is fine.....but I want to run higher rpms and produce a different torque curve....specifically a more precise torque curve at a lower rpm and longer runners support the theory....I also wanted to give the air the maximum velocity available to it......thats why you see such long runners with a large tapper.....its as high as you can possibly build them with a stock firewall.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
blk smoke: Are the ATS manifolds and uppipes good stuff? I'm almost at the go get them mark and asking some guys about theirs. So far they answer nice power helpers and fits.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Ats manifolds

I believe the manifolds themselves are a great fit as far as bolting them on it's a breeze, where as a true header depending on how it's built is much tougher to bolt on and ease of access to the bolt heads isn't so pleasant. As far as the design and flow the duramax engine doesn't leave much room to build the header/manifold so the design is what it is. I believe the last runner on each side needed to be designed differently because of reversion and heat but there isn't much room for expansion!