Info: Quad Turbo Update

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Bosch pumps

check out grainger.com search- Rule pump; under RV/marine. you can get a 1500 gph bilge pump for under 100$! thats what i was planning on using before that i was looking at the bosch pumps too. guess it depends how your water tank is being built though if a bilge will work or now.. mine is part of my toolbox in the bed so its not a problem.
any more progress on this build??

I went with the two smaller water pumps rather than one large becuase i was limited to space where I planned on mounting this part of the kit, but thats a hell of a deal for a $100 i just wonder how reliable they would be?

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
v band exhaust housing

where did you find the v-band exhaust housing? I wasn't aware garrett offered one?

I actually wanted Tials stainless steel v-band housing, but they were back ordered at the time, I found these through atp turbo, not sure still who developed them but I beleive they offer the same a/r as Tial.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
I went with the two smaller water pumps rather than one large becuase i was limited to space where I planned on mounting this part of the kit, but thats a hell of a deal for a $100 i just wonder how reliable they would be?

yeah, i guess we will see. for the price though its worth a shot!
how many gallon water tank are you using, or are you just going to use the capacity of the lines and radiator?

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
tank

yeah, i guess we will see. for the price though its worth a shot!
how many gallon water tank are you using, or are you just going to use the capacity of the lines and radiator?

I will be just using the capacity of the lines and radiator with a small overflow tank for some expansion.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
New Duramax Intake Manifold Design

Hey everyone I need your help.....I am developing a new set of intake manifolds for the public and I am debating between making a set that flows less but allows for ac and alternator or a set that needs the alternator relocated and ac relocated or taken off and flows more?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Hey everyone I need your help.....I am developing a new set of intake manifolds for the public and I am debating between making a set that flows less but allows for ac and alternator or a set that needs the alternator relocated and ac relocated or taken off and flows more?

I like the ac and alternator where there at :thumb:

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
i think there would be a market for both of them, but i would start off with one for the DD/ remote mount guys that want to keep their AC and alt in place. JMO

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I think your market will be 90% daily driver people that would not want to relocate any of there factory equipment especially the Alternator and a/c. Main reason being if they where on a road trip and blew a serpentine belt they would play hell finding one because if you relocate these items the belt lenght will change.

DougSmith

I would have to agree, that leaving the AC and Alt in the factory location would be the best way to make it more marketable. there is plenty of room all around the top of the engine to play with air flow. I have a Coolant filter where the second alt would be, and like that it is there, instead of under somewhere hard to reach to change the filter. Just saying... Not criticizing.

I actually prefer to see that unbelievable custom engine with the Quad turbo running and touring the show circuit someday before I die. That is one AWESOME piece of work that needs finished and put on the show tours. I would pay a fee to see it.:thumb:

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
After seeing this beast in person last week when I was up in Billings for the afternoon (waiting to pick my girlfriend up) . . . It's really got the wheels turning in my head. Top notch fabrication and the pictures do it no justice!

Graydon, call me damnit! I've got some ideas to run by ya :hug:

-Eric

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Im all for making more power if you make a kit to relocale the a/c and alt and i can still run a duel fueler im all in:thumb:Otherwise ill take what i can get and if the lower h.p. kit is all i can get im in for that as well:D

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
update

Hey everyone I have to be the bearer of bad news. I have been insanely busy working on the Pro Stock Dirtymax and havent had time to touch the quad turbo :truestory: If you would talk someone into freeing up space on my attachments I'll post more pics of the developmental stuff I'm working on now!