Info: Quad Turbo Update

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
no work is currently being done.....but!

My 2008 daily driver broke the crankshaft so i have been working on building a single turbo-water to air intercooler system for daily driving use. Utilizing the new Garrett Gtx4294 turbo and a 38mm tial wastegate.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 161
  • intercooler.JPG
    intercooler.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 151
  • intercooler3.JPG
    intercooler3.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 149
  • intercooler pre fab.JPG
    intercooler pre fab.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 146
  • turbo system1.JPG
    turbo system1.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 153
  • turbo system2.JPG
    turbo system2.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 153
  • turbo system3.JPG
    turbo system3.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 143

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Man i love your fab work!!! And that is sweet how much room you have on top of the motor without the turbo sitting back there:thumb:

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Air to water intercooler has to be one excellent helper. I just read about Kenne Belle's new air/water patents on his big model superchargers and that puts it down. You have the idea turbos need. Watch it run when you get it on the road Cheers...

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
very nice builds!
is that a garret A/W core you started with there?
i am currently building one for my friends pull truck using two garret 750hp rated cores.
i plan on doing the same for my DD this winter. are you going to run a water tank with radiator/heat exchanger up front? that was my plan to keep it efficient while DD. and then just throw some ice in the tank when im pulling or racing with it :D

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Garrett core

very nice builds!
is that a garret A/W core you started with there?
i am currently building one for my friends pull truck using two garret 750hp rated cores.
i plan on doing the same for my DD this winter. are you going to run a water tank with radiator/heat exchanger up front? that was my plan to keep it efficient while DD. and then just throw some ice in the tank when im pulling or racing with it :D

Yes this is a single 1000hp garrett core and I am building a radiator up front and obviously getting rid of the air to air. I'll use two bosch water pumps and integrate -10 stainless A/N lines into the system to flow as much water as possible without compromising space.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
mileage

what kinda of mileage will this get? :roflmao:

This is an interesting question as most builds that utilize a larger turbo are mainly used in towing or racing. The idea behind this when I started was to sustain cooler air at higher boost levels and pulling fuel away instead of feed as much as possible to really find the possibilities of the mileage. I developed this remote mount to utilize the space in the valley for a very efficiently flowing intake manifold that I havent fully designed yet, but I believe with the right size turbo and opening the duramax's valley up to breath better, greater mileage can be achieved.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Makes sense,and lite makes rite,that tube chassised ss duramax (70 chevelle twin turbo'ed duramax powered) It makes between 960 and 1200 hp depending how you dial it (claims) runs low 10s to high 9s in the 1/4 and gets 36 mpg while driving from track to track on the power tours.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Yes this is a single 1000hp garrett core and I am building a radiator up front and obviously getting rid of the air to air. I'll use two bosch water pumps and integrate -10 stainless A/N lines into the system to flow as much water as possible without compromising space.

check out grainger.com search- Rule pump; under RV/marine. you can get a 1500 gph bilge pump for under 100$! thats what i was planning on using before that i was looking at the bosch pumps too. guess it depends how your water tank is being built though if a bilge will work or now.. mine is part of my toolbox in the bed so its not a problem.
any more progress on this build??