Info: Quad Turbo Update

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
I'll keep you informed I'll probably do immense testing before it ever ends up at a race, but you never know it may come out of the woodwork.

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
http://assets.bankspower.com/prod_images/1098/BigHossIntake-Dmax.jpg

It looks like the last intake runner is about half the size of the others for some strange reason.

I agree with the valves opening and closing. I would need to look at the valve map to see where each opens and its duration. I can imagine that there should be a steady flow of air through the valves. Otherwise there would be pulsing and a lot of blow off due to overpressure.

Because the ports are individual on each end of the head. Notice the first intake manifold has a branched portion going to the very front intake port of the head. His second manifold has runners for these not branched from the next two intakes or next runner from the plenum to the head. Any airflow controlled by a valve will start and stop (air is elastic too) creating waves effecting cylinder filling effciency (wave tuning) and which this can be tuned by runner length and CSA.

Great fabrication Forbidn, I enjoyed the thread and the craftsmanship! Curious as to how the length of runners you chose effect your torque curve.

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
One other thought is how much different would the shape of the plenum itself effect the waves within the induction flow between the valve and the runner opening, or , could it maybe just be a simple approach method all together?

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Quad Turbo's New Home

Been busy setting up the new shop, more pictures of the quad turbo and more on the new facebook page Forbidn Fabrication & Engineering.:thumb: Check it out.

Attachments

• photo of shop.jpg
    photo of shop.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 352

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Exhaust

The truck features 2 true 4inch down pipes with no indentation, there is just enough room to sneak the driver side between the frame and the oil filter, the passenger side is not difficult at all, plenty of room, I did not modify the frame or the firewall at all, just spent extra time fitting for the most optimal route with descent room on both sides for possible engine twist.