LB7: Project "I have a problem"

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Gotta say you have work ethic like no other. May be slow however you have worked and finished it through what I can only imagine is hell. More of a man than I, way to go Corb. I regret taking the forces as truck would be right at home with them. :thumb:

Oh man it would look killer with them. Thought about trying to buy em back from you rofl.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If the bar is black, I wouldn't use it. You won't be able to tell how dirty it is and when to kneed it. Now that was made for black trucks is pretty sweet stuff. Gives my truck a deep shine

Hmm good point.. which one do you use?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Corbin, truck looks great!

Say, what ended up happening to that regular cab Silvy that you drove when you helped me out?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm good point.. which one do you use?

Meguires you can get at the auto parts store. That spray you use to run the bar on is also a great detailing spray after you wash it. Good clean microfiber and that spray will take all the water spots off and leave no streaks (dont spray the stuff on heavy and don't soak the rag). When I lived in snow country, I use one bar for the rockers, one for the rest of the body. Down here I don't get much crap in the paint so I use one bar the whole way round and it don't pull much out.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
What's the best way to clean all the years of silicone and dressings out of the plastic?
I forget what I used on my lower valance years ago, some type of alcohol I wiped it down with before I painted it
Had to been atleast 6 years ago I painted it, still looked good until the crash in Dec

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks guys. I love driving this thing. I took it on about a 100 mile round trip to dinner tonight.. it did flawless. This converter is awesome for back windy two lane roads.

Got in the throttle a little on the way down to pass a truck and it broke the tires loose at like 50-55. Then again pulling out of a place. Safe to say she needs some cal tracs!!

I want to click it in 4hi and let it eat but I figure I need to hold off a couple days before I try to spaghetti the rods.

The 480 is much quieter than I expected, however I've not really got to run it hard yet to get er singing. That cast 8? blade race cover isn't very loud. It'll be getting a 5 blade one day.

It pulls crazy hard and is instant power to the tires. Pull out, let it roll into 2nd and half throttle kills the tires pretty easy.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Awesome corbin, the old 500k lly is still rolling. Brother in law lifted it back to stock and added the second battery back that's about it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks guys. I love driving this thing. I took it on about a 100 mile round trip to dinner tonight.. it did flawless. This converter is awesome for back windy two lane roads.

Got in the throttle a little on the way down to pass a truck and it broke the tires loose at like 50-55. Then again pulling out of a place. Safe to say she needs some cal tracs!!

I want to click it in 4hi and let it eat but I figure I need to hold off a couple days before I try to spaghetti the rods.

The 480 is much quieter than I expected, however I've not really got to run it hard yet to get er singing. That cast 8? blade race cover isn't very loud. It'll be getting a 5 blade one day.

It pulls crazy hard and is instant power to the tires. Pull out, let it roll into 2nd and half throttle kills the tires pretty easy.

the 80's have always been really quiet (stock wheel). my 75 was loud as hell when i towed and was box stock (too loud with the windows down). the 83 i run now is perfect for me. quiet when running around town, little whistle when towing and really lets you know its there when you get in it!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
You'd get a lot less whistle out of the race cover than you do with the standard .63 cover
You can take out that inlet bell to give it some more air
it's held in with 3 pins, punch those out & the bell shouldn't be that hard to get out being a new turbo

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You'd get a lot less whistle out of the race cover than you do with the standard .63 cover
You can take out that inlet bell to give it some more air
it's held in with 3 pins, punch those out & the bell shouldn't be that hard to get out being a new turbo

I'll probably leave it in. It's plenty loud. Just not what I was expecting after being around cast 475s in twin set ups.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
It's a big difference in sound by swapping a race cover on a 75, cuts the whistle in half & spooled it a little slower
I'm thinking of putting it back on now that I'm going to be commuting back & forth to South Jersey for half of the year. I don't want it being that obnoxious for 6-8hrs each way
With the 6 blade billet wheel, 1.10 housing & SACs its extremely responsive

What size wheel is in the IHI? Stay with stock size or went with a 63.5