LB7: Project "I have a problem"

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Ours is 15 months, I get up at 5:20 every morning and she was 5 months old before I woke up and my wife was in bed with me. She still has her nights, hope yours starts sleeping all night soon my friend...and you too!

What gets me is the ex wife says she sleeps just fine at her place. Like goes to bed at 8, wakes up at 3 eats and goes back to sleep till 7. I'm lucky if she sleeps an hour at a time

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What gets me is the ex wife says she sleeps just fine at her place. Like goes to bed at 8, wakes up at 3 eats and goes back to sleep till 7. I'm lucky if she sleeps an hour at a time

Difference in her crib, difference between mom and dad, different house. Babies can sense the differences, and it reflects in their sleep patterns.

Just wait til your kids are teenagers. Oy vey. The worries never stop, they only change what they are about....

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Difference in her crib, difference between mom and dad, different house. Babies can sense the differences, and it reflects in their sleep patterns.

Just wait til your kids are teenagers. Oy vey. The worries never stop, they only change what they are about....

Haha thanks Tom. I'm sure it's the differences between us the kiddo picks up.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Put the final piece in the puzzle today at work. Kinda had to rig something up until I get the correct piece..

Water outlet I had for Lb7 had the brass plug for non water cooled turbos and it will not come out no matter what...

So I swapped an lly one onto the truck and ran the hose a little extra long. Then filled the coolant up.

Hope to get a tune on it tomorrow and start driving it

2b681e6e9c679233a2a25236212b1d59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Something weird about my ecm.. hate to bother mark with it since it's not his problem.

Ecm was locked from reading which is no big deal.. however I think I was able to full flash a stock file back into the ecm. When I did the truck would not start (not this trucks stock file just an 01 stock file from a customer truck). I'm sure it was in security. What gets me is my snap on scan tool has an auto connect function where it reads the ecm vin (I think) and it pulled up an 04 2wd? Which this truck is not obviously..

Disabled security in the tune, full flashed again and bam truck runs again..

I did all this without buying a vin lisence too.. I've never had this ecm plugged into my v2 that I know of as it's out of the crew cab I got from Jesse and did the Lbz swap into.

As long as it works I don't care lol. I was just mind blown I could flash it without buying a vin license.

And why does my scanner still think it's an 04 truck? Unless it's reading tcm vin as I have no idea what tcm file is in the truck since it has a tap shift and lock up controller from fleece..

Sent my info to Mark for him to build a tune off of. Just going to run a single Max effort tune and pray for the best.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Something weird about my ecm.. hate to bother mark with it since it's not his problem.

Ecm was locked from reading which is no big deal.. however I think I was able to full flash a stock file back into the ecm. When I did the truck would not start (not this trucks stock file just an 01 stock file from a customer truck). I'm sure it was in security. What gets me is my snap on scan tool has an auto connect function where it reads the ecm vin (I think) and it pulled up an 04 2wd? Which this truck is not obviously..

I did all this without buying a vin lisence too.. I've never had this ecm plugged into my v2 that I know of as it's out of the crew cab I got from Jesse and did the Lbz swap into.

As long as it works I don't care lol. I was just mind blown I could flash it without buying a vin license.

And why does my scanner still think it's an 04 truck? Unless it's reading tcm vin as I have no idea what tcm file is in the truck since it has a tap shift and lock up controller from fleece..

Sent my info to Mark for him to build a tune off of. Just going to run a single Max effort tune and pray for the best.

there is a thread somewhere that explains why you can flash some old ECMs without needing a license. I forget the main issue as to why but ive had this happen to me before on a couple trucks.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
there is a thread somewhere that explains why you can flash some old ECMs without needing a license. I forget the main issue as to why but ive had this happen to me before on a couple trucks.

I'll do some searching.. not going to complain though.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

PM THEFERMANATOR "Ferman" he knows the LB7 ECM's well...:thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Hope you guys don't get tired of pics of this truck.. I'm going to be taking a lot! Damn I love how it looks outside.. drove it to lunch.. it's going to be a blast to drive when the trans is learned. The 480 sings nicely.

3001e517d8d9a742961afafc20d739cf.jpg

e41936919dc9b0ca1138a00244a23688.jpg

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Hope you guys don't get tired of pics of this truck.. I'm going to be taking a lot! Damn I love how it looks outside.. drove it to lunch.. it's going to be a blast to drive when the trans is learned. The 480 sings nicely.

3001e517d8d9a742961afafc20d739cf.jpg

e41936919dc9b0ca1138a00244a23688.jpg

Looks slow better send it to me so I can stetching her legs on our wide open roads

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Gave it a bath before I left work.. black clay bar and wax on order
230e31ff3e00c32274f5aa076bdbf3d1.jpg

e6a8d4bcf525dcba6c58c541cae9d6bc.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the bar is black, I wouldn't use it. You won't be able to tell how dirty it is and when to kneed it. Now that was made for black trucks is pretty sweet stuff. Gives my truck a deep shine

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Gotta say you have work ethic like no other. May be slow however you have worked and finished it through what I can only imagine is hell. More of a man than I, way to go Corb. I regret taking the forces as truck would be right at home with them. :thumb: