Piston Bowls

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
After reading this whole thread I'll definitely be going with these style of pistons in my upcoming build this spring! Only question I have is how does one decide on compression ratio? I'll be still driving the truck daily and a few drags here and there

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I hate low compression engines for street/daily driving. They feel lazy around town, turbo doesnt spool as fast, worse fuel economy, little worse in the cold, etc...

Whats nice about Jon's pistons is that they are proving to be very strong, without sacrificing compression ratio. If I ever build another engine, its going to have Jon's pistons at stock CR.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I hate low compression engines for street/daily driving. They feel lazy around town, turbo doesnt spool as fast, worse fuel economy, little worse in the cold, etc...

Whats nice about Jon's pistons is that they are proving to be very strong, without sacrificing compression ratio. If I ever build another engine, its going to have Jon's pistons at stock CR.

Same here. Much like timing compression is power but too much of either will destroy the engine. 17.5 is the max i'd go. For a 700hp or less engine over700 i'd drop1-2 points

My sentiments exactly. LBZ comp ratio is about the lowest Id go in a DD application. Thats just my opinion, though.

Glad to hear these are working out exactly like Jon hoped. Nice to have options when building an engine. :)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

You acctualy sell tunes? But find it difficult with a 16.5???
PM me ill give ya some tips;)

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Have any sets been made with large valve reliefs in them? Just wondering if that has any effect on the oval chamber.