Piston Bowls

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
The van tune runs quite a bit more timing than the LBZ truck tune does if you compare them. The last time I checked I believe it ran about 5 degrees higher in the same areas VS an LBZ truck.

my timing map looks nothing like stock van or truck both of which have less timeing then i currently do.
06 van has -2.0 to 0 * timing at part throttle
06 truck as 0.0-3.0* timing in same area

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
I have approximately 25,000 miles on these pistons now. The first 20,000 of which were running a single 68mm GT4094R with 125% over injectors, decent power tune, and probably 20-25 sled hooks.

The last 5,000 miles has been with twins on, just dynoed this weekend at 750rwhp/1334ft-lbs torque. I don't *****foot around on the road, when I do drive it I'm usually tearing it up. Plenty of rolling burnouts and launches. So far, so good.

Virtually no blow-by or other indications of wear or cracking.

:thumb: so far!

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I have approximately 25,000 miles on these pistons now. The first 20,000 of which were running a single 68mm GT4094R with 125% over injectors, decent power tune, and probably 20-25 sled hooks.

The last 5,000 miles has been with twins on, just dynoed this weekend at 750rwhp/1334ft-lbs torque. I don't *****foot around on the road, when I do drive it I'm usually tearing it up. Plenty of rolling burnouts and launches. So far, so good.

Virtually no blow-by or other indications of wear or cracking.

:thumb: so far!

'bout time we heard from you boy! :thumb:

I'm pleased it is all working out for you. This engine is one of the earliest with the pistons.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
'bout time we heard from you boy! :thumb:

I'm pleased it is all working out for you. This engine is one of the earliest with the pistons.

BTW it does have a very, very unique noise as mentioned above.

At idle it runs smoother than any stock or built engine I've ever heard, and I've gotten the same comment from others who've heard/ridden in it. Which is even more surprising given the 125% over injectors and the relatively high rail pressure I'm running to running to cut down on smoke.

Revving up it also has a very unique noise, almost louder I'd say than stock or regular cut pistons. This may have something to do with the RDL xtreme log headers, but definitely a different, sharper "snap" to it, almost more like a gasser with an open exhaust.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
BTW it does have a very, very unique noise as mentioned above.

At idle it runs smoother than any stock or built engine I've ever heard, and I've gotten the same comment from others who've heard/ridden in it. Which is even more surprising given the 125% over injectors and the relatively high rail pressure I'm running to running to cut down on smoke.

Revving up it also has a very unique noise, almost louder I'd say than stock or regular cut pistons. This may have something to do with the RDL xtreme log headers, but definitely a different, sharper "snap" to it, almost more like a gasser with an open exhaust.

Bingo!

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
welcome to Indiana.....we run hard on back streets here.....I consider IN and IL the same until I80...

Simon did you just quote yourself??