Pics of the New Pulling Setup

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
it just happened to be that that LLY was stripped to nothing and he was fully loaded plus a 4 inch lift. but lets talk about that LB7 that weighed 7600 -7800 lbs being faster than both of you:rofl::D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
it just happened to be that that LLY was stripped to nothing and he was fully loaded plus a 4 inch lift. but lets talk about that LB7 that weighed 7600 -7800 lbs being faster than both of you:rofl::D

X2:rofl:

id say there was an 1100lb difference between us, so if that is .10 for every 100lb you should have been a full second faster but ooops you were only .10 faster so you should be proud:hail:

Last edited:

timlb703

Aug 20, 2007
Looks good. Be careful with that hitch I used a buyers style like that one and where the triangle is the weld came apart. The hitch bent at a 45* angle. Used it once and had to discard.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Who went home from Rockingham with a check from NADM again?:p I had also had my truck together for less than a week and was only pushing 36psi with the Cheetah. My LBZ S&B Intake and LBZ turbo inlet elbow will be going on it tomorrow and I will be playing with it at test and tune Friday at Coastal plains. Gonna crank it up to 42 psi and see how she does. I also really don't think that the 100lbs = .10 seconds rule applies to us like it does to cars. Cars are relying much more on their hp to run good times - our 4 digits of torque with half the horsepower skew the normal equations. 100lbs off 3500 is a 3% drop in weight, on a 7000lb truck it's less than 1.5% drop so i don't think it's as effective for us to drop 100lbs (not saying that 1100 won't make a big difference though). Rotating mass will kill you down the track though and you did have more than me there.:hug:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
have any of you guys noticed a difference pulling with or without a lift? i'm trying to decide on whether i should put in a lift this winter.....

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
hmmm any idea why it pulls better??
think about what you are doing, you raise the front end of the truck up. you change the spindles which lets you flip your tie rod ends over. so your steering is straight same as when you let the torsion bars down, all your cv angles are straight across now. and you can crank the torsion bars up which puts pressure on the lower control arm which pushes down on the tire and gives the front axle traction. look at alot of the good running duramax trucks, they are lifted and pull great!

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
think about what you are doing, you raise the front end of the truck up. you change the spindles which lets you flip your tie rod ends over. so your steering is straight same as when you let the torsion bars down, all your cv angles are straight across now. and you can crank the torsion bars up which puts pressure on the lower control arm which pushes down on the tire and gives the front axle traction. look at alot of the good running duramax trucks, they are lifted and pull great!

Good explanation:)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Weight is what pushes the tires down, not the torsion bars. The only way a lift would make the front tires have more weight on them is if it somehow changed the way weight transfers.

The entire truck just feels like it's into the track better & the obvious is better angles & esier on parts...if that makes sense
I've never really looked at the front angles on a 4" Tough Country lift (or really any lift for that matter). Obviously if you try to have the same height on a stock suspension as you would with a lift, the angles on the lifted truck would be better, but how are the angles any different than a stock suspension truck with the torsion bars lowered?