"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
After seeing those pics cocoal, I wonder if having my new 6 speed cooler upside down is no bueno or is yours upside down. I've never had the urge to look at any non lb7 truck before ;)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
After seeing those pics cocoal, I wonder if having my new 6 speed cooler upside down is no bueno or is yours upside down. I've never had the urge to look at any non lb7 truck before ;)

Mine is installed "correctly" if you will, per instructions, right side up. It has threaded holes that correspond to the stock mount points for the trans cooler.

I'm not sure it matters if it's upside down or not?
The cooler is just a medium for fluid to flow through, the fluid is under pressure and technically shouldn't have air in it to get trapped, air lock, cavitate or otherwise cause any issues that I could foresee

I'd ask Mike
:thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Mine is installed "correctly" if you will, per instructions, right side up. It has threaded holes that correspond to the stock mount points for the trans cooler.

I'm not sure it matters if it's upside down or not?

I made the cooler fit in my 02, so I made my own mount. I wod assume it wouldnt matter but I've seen and heard stranger things. Its hooked to the alligator lines so it would be an easy swap if I had to fix it

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
thanks guys :hug:

Newly's truck hasn't moved since 2010 after he put the big twins on and ran 10.50@138. On ther way home he got after it in 4wd on the street and lost an injector cup and hydrolocked the engine. Bent #3 carrillo pretty bad and he threw in the towel and got into rock crawling/rat rods. I wouldn't blame him.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I see I thought he was working with Mike there at underground? Is newly doing dieel rock crawlers and rat rods?

I know newly rubbed people here wrong, I always liked him though I never met him in person he always treated me right.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Awesome truck Brian
Congrats on all your hard work, it's truly paid off (probably not dollar for dollar, but that's not what I meant)

Actually, all your trucks have been pretty damn sweet, I really liked your old LBZ, but this one's on another level...

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I see I thought he was working with Mike there at underground? Is newly doing dieel rock crawlers and rat rods?

I know newly rubbed people here wrong, I always liked him though I never met him in person he always treated me right.

He is, No diesel rock crawlers, just jeeps, rat rods, 55 dodges with 12 valves in them, some old school stuff, and pretty awesome too. Buys them, makes them look good and flips them, he's probably been through 10-15 easy. He's been a good friend and family friend with his wife and my mom for almost 10 years now.
Awesome truck Brian
Congrats on all your hard work, it's truly paid off (probably not dollar for dollar, but that's not what I meant)

Actually, all your trucks have been pretty damn sweet, I really liked your old LBZ, but this one's on another level...

Thanks Jason. I had the opportunity to buy my GMC back about 6 months ago and couldn't. If I could find my LBZ again, I would in a heartbeat.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Well I just somehow came to the conclusion that my torque converter is probably dying slowly... The symptom is that when I go pedal down to the floor the truck seems to have alot of hesitation, and doesnt stay consistent on the power its putting down when it does. Almost like the tcc is locking and then unlocking?? Hopefully that makes sense!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Grabbed some lunch waiting to get loaded as kone cranes in Franklin Ohio
1962610_10204335543762280_5888081470351590028_n.jpg