"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Off to meet its new owner
1932286_10204297061320243_3255479226597357446_n.jpg

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I got everything pretty much buttoned up today!
MBRP turn down is on, factory fuel lines removed, replacement lines in, fuel return distribution block is plumbed, fan and shroud are on, cooling stack is in place, upper crossmember and core support at in, hot and cold side pipes are in, air cleaner is in, mishimoto rad hoses are on, engine mounts and grounds are tight all the electrical connections are plugged in...

I somehow or another snapped the tee on the drivers side return line off the #8 injector, but I got a brass tee to replace it...other than that

I just need pit the headlight assembly's and lights on and fill er up with fresh fluids, flush out the coolant system with distilled water and fill up with dex and I'll be on the road again!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:
:woott:
Great to hear can't wait for more :woott::thumb:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I went from flares and body line down being plasti dipped to a nice clean truck. I think it looks better. I left the grill for now, but I think ill color match it at some point. Now all I need to do is adjust my front bumper and polish my headlights with the 3m kit. Oh and I cant decide if I should remove the badges or not.
01e2982f51f7356b0e96c26ed10339dc.jpg
08d64f6fe8400b0409136bdb05dc0227.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I went from flares and body line down being plasti dipped to a nice clean truck. I think it looks better. I left the grill for now, but I think ill color match it at some point. Now all I need to do is adjust my front bumper and polish my headlights with the 3m kit. Oh and I cant decide if I should remove the badges or not.
01e2982f51f7356b0e96c26ed10339dc.jpg
08d64f6fe8400b0409136bdb05dc0227.jpg

I agree, it looks much better, but some plastidip on the running boards might clean up the overall look a bit
Just a suggestion

I took the 2500 badge off and left the skinny Duramax/Allison badge on mine and I like that, but I can't decide if I want to remove the door dinger moulding or not...
But you don't have that concern
:rolleyes:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
When I have more than $3 im going to just pull these crappy steps off cuz they be oober poopy looking. I agree I think the 3500 badge with be coming off and the LT badge on the cab corner

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Thanks buddy here's a few more pics
;)

2meek48.jpg

25rclq8.jpg

wlp3pj.jpg

2urb8go.jpg

330thfl.jpg

126bghz.jpg

1z1fnes.jpg

vubz7.jpg

That truck in the link you provided would be pretty cool, I've always wanted a tilting flatbed

Man that turned out really really good. How excited are you to drive her again. ill be pming you shortly about a few things Jason :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Man that turned out really really good. How excited are you to drive her again. ill be pming you shortly about a few things Jason :thumb:

Thanks Brock!!!
I'm super excited to drive it again!!!!
As much as love to and love them, having to spend time with the fam today is torturous
Lol
All I need is about 2-3hrs to get er goin
:rolleyes:

Yeah, PM me, we can exchange #'s and I'll be happy to help any way I can
:)

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks for posting more pictures Jason looking really good. I like how you have heat wrapped everything:thumb:then I look at the stock mouth piece with the resonator plug and I can't stop thinking perfect opportunity to brush up on my tig welding :D I think you need a cool one off fabbed mouth piece;)

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Looks good! Nice job on the wrap :thumb:
Thanks Bri
:)
If anyone is interested...
I start my wrap 3" in (about 2 windings around the pipe) with the end of the wrap leading up to the beginning of the pipe like a tail so to speak, then I wrap up to the beginning of the pipe, that way I over wrap my start point and that holds the end secure without a clamp or SS tie...
I stretch the wrap really tight too, make a couple windings let it loose, adjust if need be to follow the stitch line and final wrap it tight again. Then I spray it with a special hi heat silicone header wrap spray from DEI, it takes some time but it's worth it in the end...

Those parts have been wrapped for well over a year now, maybe even two, and been taken off multiple times. I just re-sprayed them before I installed them onto this engine.

Thanks for posting more pictures Jason looking really good. I like how you have heat wrapped everything:thumb:then I look at the stock mouth piece with the resonator plug and I can't stop thinking perfect opportunity to brush up on my tig welding :D I think you need a cool one off fabbed mouth piece;)
Thank you!

Anytime!
That sounds like a good idea, I'd just want to be sure the mouthpiece worked with the intake and sensor and had the same amount of volume as the stock piece so I wouldn't have to tune for it...

But it would be a nice touch to get a custom mouthpiece on there I could PC a cool color like a metal fleck sunburst orange!

When I can afford it, probably when I can build the engine, I want to get all the parts I rattle caned PC'd in a corresponding metal fleck ( like sunburst orange and metallic black)