"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Pulled the p/s battery tray, airbox frame and coolant tank to make room for twins. Installed a FASS 150. Tomorrow finish plumbing the FASS, put in a triple overhead gauge pod and run the wires for the new oil temp gauge. Maybe chip a couple hundred pounds of mud out of the frame rails.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Tuned and put on a 5" yesterday...:woott:

I like it sooooo much better now...:D

Bout time son!

Pulled the p/s battery tray, airbox frame and coolant tank to make room for twins. Installed a FASS 150. Tomorrow finish plumbing the FASS, put in a triple overhead gauge pod and run the wires for the new oil temp gauge. Maybe chip a couple hundred pounds of mud out of the frame rails.
Nice!
That mud will prob be good for 2/10th's off your et

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Got this back from the powdercoater today

Not wanting to spoil my future build thread, but this is just too dang pretty not to share:
IMG_20140827_183505.jpg

The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a metallic 2-layer powder coat. Just ridiculously beautiful in person.

And yes, the rest of the aluminum (except the heads) is done up in the same color. :woott:

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Spent $1400 getting upper and lower ball joints, tie rods and tie rod ends, brakes and rotors all around and shocks all around, all moog parts, now I need some tires and I'll be set.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Not wanting to spoil my future build thread, but this is just too dang pretty not to share:
IMG_20140827_183505.jpg

The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a metallic 2-layer powder coat. Just ridiculously beautiful in person.

And yes, the rest of the aluminum (except the heads) is done up in the same color. :woott:

:drool::drool::drool::drool: Who did the coating for you?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
such a shame all that pretty will be hidden!!!

replaced the output yoke on my driveshaft with the new spicer nickle plated one. 71 bucks off amazon shipped to my door. and FINALLY my clunks in the driveline are all gone.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Primo Powder Coating here in Boise, ID. Several of my coworkers have used him in the past, and he came highly recommended. I can see why now!

Yep, he does good work. My old house was 3 blocks from his. I had him do 2 YZ450F frames for me. He also coated my Kodiak manifolds and up-pipes. IIRC Nathan at MPI uses him as well.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
such a shame all that pretty will be hidden!
LMFAO!

I know man, tell me about it!
I'm not powder coating my parts or anything like that...
But I am rattle can coating everything in a "ceramic" engine enamel. And let me tell ya, getting everything cleaned and prepped for the paint to bond is a royal PITA! Then I'm sitting here looking at all of it thinking, damn I don't remember ever "seeing" any of this shit, LMAO!

It almost seems like a waste of time, BUT, I think it'll be worth it, if for nothing else than to be able to keep the parts cleaner for longer...I figure the paint will not attract dust like the raw metal will and it will wipe/wash off!

So what did I do to my dmax today? I've been painting all the accessories, fuel rails, coolant plumbing lines, pulleys, brackets etc and today I'm gonna spray the clear coat on everything!

My hats off to you guys that pay to have all your parts PC'd, I can't bring myself to do it
:rolleyes:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
This weekend hopefully all the following will get done.
Hayden FAM clutch
Oil cooler with remote mount filter
Fuel return cooler
Lift pump
2micron fuel and water step filter
Magnets and repack bearings on trailer
Grease truck chassis
Modify and mount fenders from my 3500HD to lmm

10615444_10203978779243390_3864601935449586989_n.jpg