"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I had to replace my starter today. With my 4" exhaust, I have to unbolt the right side motor mount & raise the engine to get it out. Not too difficult of a job. But at least it was raining & windy to make it interesting.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I had to replace my starter today. With my 4" exhaust, I have to unbolt the right side motor mount & raise the engine to get it out. Not too difficult of a job. But at least it was raining & windy to make it interesting.

The exhaust, or do you have an hx40 style downpipe that made removing the starter difficult?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Was gunna be for the car, but thought it would be hard for a S400 to be spooled by a 2.0L ;)

Maybe just a lil...
Srsly tho?

You're not thinking about running a smaller secondary and running twins again are you?
You're still running an s475 as a sig, right? Or was it a 480? ICR...

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
The exhaust, or do you have an hx40 style downpipe that made removing the starter difficult?

Just the exhaust pipe. I'm still running the stock downpipe.

None of it was difficult. I just installed the engine last month, so no seized bolts or anything. It took me about an hour.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Just the exhaust pipe. I'm still running the stock downpipe.

None of it was difficult. I just installed the engine last month, so no seized bolts or anything. It took me about an hour.

Does the exhaust on an LB7 obstruct access to the starter? I've never had to look before...

On my LBZ the exhaust is behind the starter

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Love the look of them.. Little squirely got less than 200 miles on them.. The store manager said the had several guys pushing 100k service life.. Vehicle was 90% highway.. The section width is smaller that the transforce ht.
Obviously you like them as well iirc I talked you into 1 set lol
Fwiw signed a lease yesterday to run hotshot again

LIked them on the LB7 so we put them on the LML, after 20k with them on their we put them on one of the old farm truck 1/2 tons

I did have one flat with them on the LB7 had a HUGE thorn go through the side wall

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Does the exhaust on an LB7 obstruct access to the starter? I've never had to look before...

On my LBZ the exhaust is behind the starter[/QUOTE

It's in the same place on a LB7 as far as I know.

The stock exhaust doesn't get in the way, but the exhaust I have jumps to 4" immediately after the clamp to the downpipe. It's just big enough that the starter won't fit out. So you could either remove the exhaust, or unbolt the engine mount from the frame & jack one side of the engine up. I don't like fighting rusty old exhaust clamps, slip joints, and hangers. Jacking up the engine is a lot easier for me.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
ac43241dd60efd02d979b7ef7d682828.jpg

Just won a fuel sump can't wait to get it installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Maybe just a lil...
Srsly tho?

You're not thinking about running a smaller secondary and running twins again are you?
You're still running an s475 as a sig, right? Or was it a 480? ICR...

I won't be running twins on my single cab. The new setup allows turbo changes in less than an hour.

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC

On my LBZ the exhaust is behind the starter[/QUOTE

It's in the same place on a LB7 as far as I know.

The stock exhaust doesn't get in the way, but the exhaust I have jumps to 4" immediately after the clamp to the downpipe. It's just big enough that the starter won't fit out. So you could either remove the exhaust, or unbolt the engine mount from the frame & jack one side of the engine up. I don't like fighting rusty old exhaust clamps, slip joints, and hangers. Jacking up the engine is a lot easier for me.

I did one on an LBZ with a 4" MBRP in a parking garage with basic hand tools without having to remove the exhaust or unbolt the engine mount. Wasn't easy, but it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
ordered a clutch fan and transmission inner and outer gasket broke in now to run good transmission fluid for resdt of its life!!!!:woott: