"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i finaly order the guages and pod for my truck. Went with 2 cobalt analogs and CTS2 just so i can see the damn fuel rail pressure on that sweet/gona fail/still hangen in there CP4.

Just want to get a decent baseline stock then the 5" straight is going on and getting DSP 5 before it is no longer availabel from anyone.

Also getting new NITTO M/Ts in the morning so when i start scouting for deer/elk i can get another 50 yards in that hole before she is really stuck :woott::woott::woott:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I started mine for the first time in 3 months. Got some funky stuff happening with the injectors. Need to drain the fuel, change filters and hope for the best.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I started mine for the first time in 3 months. Got some funky stuff happening with the injectors. Need to drain the fuel, change filters and hope for the best.

they sure do like to be ran every day, i have had great luck with trucks that run every day as it keeps all seals lubed and voltage running through all components. I have buddies who try to leave their trucks for weekends only and seem to work on stuff more

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Just put in a one piece driveshaft in my truck. Cut out the carrier bearing mount and quickly figured out that I wasn't going to pull off the axle yoke with just a breaker bar. Had to use one of those Lyft apps to get to the store and return with a new compressor and impact gun. There was no way I was going to get that off without that impact gun. Threw on a Dodge AAM aluminum cover on the back while I was there. Took it out for a drive and no leaks so far. Could be just my mind, but it feels like the truck rides a lot smoother.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Just put in a one piece driveshaft in my truck. Cut out the carrier bearing mount and quickly figured out that I wasn't going to pull off the axle yoke with just a breaker bar. Had to use one of those Lyft apps to get to the store and return with a new compressor and impact gun. There was no way I was going to get that off without that impact gun. Threw on a Dodge AAM aluminum cover on the back while I was there. Took it out for a drive and no leaks so far. Could be just my mind, but it feels like the truck rides a lot smoother.

What’s your truck? And where did you get the one piece shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
What’s your truck? And where did you get the one piece shaft?

I have a 2005 GMC Crew Cab Long Bed with Four Wheel Drive. My understanding is that it is only for CCLB trucks with 4 wheel drive. There are some for sale from some vendors, however, I ordered mine from a GM Parts vendor online and it was a bit cheaper. I just used the part numbers I found online in multiple forums. If you are interested just Google duramax one piece driveshaft conversion.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
I have a 2005 GMC Crew Cab Long Bed with Four Wheel Drive. My understanding is that it is only for CCLB trucks with 4 wheel drive. There are some for sale from some vendors, however, I ordered mine from a GM Parts vendor online and it was a bit cheaper. I just used the part numbers I found online in multiple forums. If you are interested just Google duramax one piece driveshaft conversion.

Yea it’s one of the things on my list. Mine is a 04 CCLB. I’ll give it a search. Any idea off the top of your head what it ran you in total?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
they sure do like to be ran every day, i have had great luck with trucks that run every day as it keeps all seals lubed and voltage running through all components. I have buddies who try to leave their trucks for weekends only and seem to work on stuff more

The truck had an issue when I parked it. Sitting didn’t cause the problem. Just haven’t had time to work on it. Also, truck isn’t really that DD friendly at this point. Could it if I needed to? Yes. Do I want to put 20k Miles a year on a 1200+hp drivetrain? No.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Yea it’s one of the things on my list. Mine is a 04 CCLB. I’ll give it a search. Any idea off the top of your head what it ran you in total?

Find a local driveline Shop
I looked online and theirs are about $100-150 more plus what ever shipping is
Had one made for our 17 that got damaged and only ran $600