"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I have only ran mine I haven't drove it of course. It must get really cold where some of you guys are. Howes usually does the trick for gelling here.

I like the high idle but my truck still won't warm up just idling. I even blocked over half the airflow of the intercooler and radiator with cardboard and it still won't get over like 165 just idling.

Ya I'm honestly not sure how it gelled lol. It was -2 out and I had half #1. I'm getting ready to go out and swap filters and see if she fires up

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ya I'm honestly not sure how it gelled lol. It was -2 out and I had half #1. I'm getting ready to go out and swap filters and see if she fires up

I bet it has a lot to do with that cold ass air blowing up around the fuel lines along the frame. Seems like most people don't have a problem til they get moving down the road

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I had to unplug my fass from the power source to give her enough juice to start today. Actually hooked the heater core hoses back up and wanted to run it to check for leaks.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Dumped half bottle of howes in it yeaterday. She was beyond angry starting up. Idled like shit for 5 min, once it smoothed out I put it in elevated idle. Then went and filled the truck up and drove around to get everything mixed well. Also drained the water separater on the airdog...cracked it open at the station and let it drain for 15 sec. Might put the water separater back on stock filter head so I can drain it to.

Unfortunately I had to pull the lid off my s&b intake because all the snow packed in around the filter. Blew it out and hope it's ok. Thank god for the "waterproof" filter wrap as that's all that is saving the dry filter.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Installed duraflaps mudflaps front and rear, rugged liner rear inner fender liners...awesome fit, westin e series nerf bars, covercraft rear seat cover. Had to crank the front up 12 rounds on the torsion bolts to clear the flaps...rides nicer. Needs alignment and then I'll post pics

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Went in for alignment. No go, apparently the cognito upper ball joints have "been bad for a long time" at 19k. I find it strange that 2 months and less than 500 miles ago they were "in great shape" said the same guy. Might try a different shop as that pissed me if that it goes from great shape to needed replaced a while ago in 500 miles

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Worth trying a different shop. Why did it need another alignment after only 500 miles? New parts, or did you have some front end abuse? If it got hurt on hard 4x4 launches, perhaps you did wipe out a set of ball joints?

Sent from my FlashScan V2

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Worth trying a different shop. Why did it need another alignment after only 500 miles? New parts, or did you have some front end abuse? If it got hurt on hard 4x4 launches, perhaps you did wipe out a set of ball joints?

He turned up his t-bars to clear his new mud flaps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY

He turned up his t-bars to clear his new mud flaps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
What Corey said. Got some new duraflaps installed and the 285/70/17s on h2s weren't even close to clearing. Might put stock shackles back in to and find some weight for the bed

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Here ya go! I'm quite happy with the wheels and tires. Tires are beefy, rigid in turns, not loud and day one proved to be a much grip-pier tire than the SRA's I had.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 57

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Thanks. I don't remember the itemized invoice, but mounted and road forced balanced the whole package with lugs was $1,400 shipped. So $700ish -$750