"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have been needing to do this for quite some time as the battery in my laptop is old and does not hold a charge and money is always a little on the short side so I'm being cautious.
Testdrive suggested this awhile back and EFI is pretty clear about using a 12 volt power supply to the laptop from the rear cigarette/power port. Testdrive has been using his laptop for years with no issue by adding a switch to cut off power to the OBD-II port and use the power supply plugged into the power port behind the console.

Does it work after cutting power to the OBD-II port, yes...

While installing the switch I added a piece of aluminum angle to get it up and out of the way, I don't sport a size 12 shoe but was still a little concerned as I leave the cable in the truck, should lessen the chance of breaking the OBD-II port when applying the parking brake... :thumb:

Looks like I'll have to either set the time date stamp correctly on my camera or turn it off...:confused:

New 250 amp alternator next week....:thumb:

=
=
zwhoh4.jpg

=
=
208i5hh.jpg

=
=
2epkbhw.jpg

=
=
2a5gpbc.jpg

=
=
1z2n70i.jpg

=
=
25oxtvo.jpg

=
=
=
=

Last edited:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
whats that off of? its for sure seeing a loaded making it flex back and forth from a bind or intense load
Its one of the Original Ultimate Idler arms that I put on my truck in January. It gave out when I pulled into a driveway. I am not sure if I have a bent centerlink or something like that.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Its one of the Original Ultimate Idler arms that I put on my truck in January. It gave out when I pulled into a driveway. I am not sure if I have a bent centerlink or something like that.

too bad that dude is out of business now. a bent centerlink wouldnt cause that (unless its extremely bent). you would have to have a bent idler arm support and the steering hitting something to add undo stress.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
We're you at full lock when it snapped? Do you have the pisk?

I have the pisk and it hits the frame. So I make it a point not to turn the steering wheel till it stops and hold it there or pull harder when it stops.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes the truck would have been a full lock. The DHD brace had been rubbing the frame some, even with the bolts cut. The Gusset was welded on before I got the truck, so that might be a possibility. Current front set up is Rare parts G2 tie rods and Pittman Arms, the ultimate Idler arm with the extreme duty idler, gusset, and a DHD brace with roller bearing upgrade. I emailed the guy that used to make them and hopefully he has a couple extra Pins or can send me the proper specs so I can machine a new one.

DixonM

Nov 20, 2014
Florida
I went cable less today. My straps for the tailgate showed up today.

Attachments

• chevy tailgate 1.jpg
    chevy tailgate 1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 66
  • chevy tailgate 2.jpg
    chevy tailgate 2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 70

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Geeze try to buy fuel 120 gallons one day, 50 gallons the next and Capital one flagged my card again, gotta send me a new card. GM Buy Power business card is a PITA.

2nd time this year.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
05 green ecsb Silverado LS 4x4. I got a decent deal on it because the bed is beat up and he said it needed #2 & 7 injectors because it runs bad after a few minutes. I drove it a mile up the road, pulled over and ice picked the connectors then drove it an hour and a half home with no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk