"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

DixonM

Nov 20, 2014
Florida
Installed drivers side glow plugs and banks hot pipe, then installed fuelab v100 lift pump. Felt all warm and fuzzy then the drivers side rear door lock actuator went out again. No more Dorman locks for me I will go to GM.

Attachments

• fuelab 1.jpg
    fuelab 1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 49

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
http://www.overdriveonline.com/e-lo...ec-2017-rule-to-be-published-by-fmcsa-friday/
The ELD mandate will apply to all drivers required to keep records of duty status, except drivers who (1) keep records of duty status in 8 or fewer days out of every 30 working days, (2) drivers in drive-away and tow-away operations and (3) truckers operating vehicles older than model year 2000.

The devices must be installed and in use by Dec. 11, 2017 — two years after its scheduled Dec. 11, 2015, publication date.

Well shit... Seams I need to make a gmt455 glider in 2 years.. Good thing been there done that..

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Outside the engine fiasco...greased front suspension, pulled old fuel lines off. Ran new -6/-8 lines that have been on the to do list for a while.
I broke the OEM test port block trieing to get the shrader valve out since it was leaking... So that lead to replacing it..
Jegs(local to me) had the -6 to M12 x1.5 adapter to the supply port on the cp3 and 45° -6 to 3/8" Barb/pushlock and picked up a 1/2-3/8" adapter. Didn't have a -8 to M12x1.5 adapter in stock...

Picked up fittings to make a 1/8" to 5/16" adapter for injector return line and hose

Pulled the fuel/oil soaked firewall liner off.

Pressure washed the engine bay

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Swapped out my semi torn seats for some nicer seats from a CC chevy, got some pockets now :rofl:

Gotta find a nice set of seat covers so the dog doesn't tear these ones. :mad:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Playing around with a filter head off one of the engines I've bought... The outlet boss is light bigger then 7/16" which is same bit size for 1/4" npt.. Ideally I'd use -6 pushlock and one piece of hose to go from filter to cp3. Right now I got a splice in it.. To step down from 1/2 to 3/8".. Just another place a leak could start...
Some of the passages inside the OEM head are less then 7/16" which creates a restriction thus a pressure/flow drop. Especially at upper rpms.. Not really a concern for under 500hp guys IMO...
The boss is big enough really for 3/8" npt.. Once fittings are in, the ID of fittings are going to be less than 1/2".. Basically one would be running a 1/2" hose with a 3/8" restrictor in the line... Making a 1/2" line from filter head to cp3 basically pointless....
The idea is mount fuel pressure gauge as close to cp3 inlet.. While still having OEM bleed port.. Since you would be loosing the OEM test port that sits by the alternator when upgrading to -6 or bigger lines
12274270_10207339059968308_950313125296560769_n.jpg

Also been contemplating building an adapter to mount a wix 24770 filter head. Comes with 1-14" filter nipple which there are a slew of fuel and fuel/water filters out there.
Comes with 4 1/2" NPT bosses.. ~3/4" passages.
Some 3" x3" x1/4" plate, drill corresponding holes for OEM mount and the wix filter head. Mount in stock location..
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wix-24770

basically let my mind wonder while I was waiting for my wheel bearing to get in today

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just finished up an injector job at work.. Stayed late to get it done so I can do a cummins vp44 pump tomorrow.. Fire it up and it doesn't feel right.

Plug scanner in and check balance rates and get this these are fresh Bosch remans from a very reputable supplier.

15814a6e6c32e823c13c33d98549fb61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Just finished up an injector job at work.. Stayed late to get it done so I can do a cummins vp44 pump tomorrow.. Fire it up and it doesn't feel right.

Plug scanner in and check balance rates and get this these are fresh Bosch remans from a very reputable supplier.

15814a6e6c32e823c13c33d98549fb61.jpg

Oh snap. Ohm it out, any chance you forgot to tighten the wires on top! At least its the passenger side!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Oh snap. Ohm it out, any chance you forgot to tighten the wires on top! At least its the drivers side!

It's possible. But no inj cir codes.. I know I started the nuts.. 99% sure I tightened them. I know 100% I did the rear 2. It's been a long week

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
It's possible. But no inj cir codes.. I know I started the nuts.. 99% sure I tightened them. I know 100% I did the rear 2. It's been a long week

You would have codes if you forgot to tighten them. I feel your pain on the big week too, i put a trans back in a semi, hpop on a 6.0 and diagnosed a TCC locking and unlocking issue on a cummins today, i feel like a old man! I will say you haven't know rage until you have to warranty a passenger side injector on a 6.0 van! LOL

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Damn Corbin. I've been in your shoes. Me and fastpunker did 3 injectors on his truck one night. We had to go back into the damn valve covers 3 times for shit we forgot from just being tired and not thinking straight. It sucked majorly

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You would have codes if you forgot to tighten them. I feel your pain on the big week too, i put a trans back in a semi, hpop on a 6.0 and diagnosed a TCC locking and unlocking issue on a cummins today, i feel like a old man! I will say you haven't know rage until you have to warranty a passenger side injector on a 6.0 van! LOL

Lol 6.0 vans have parts warranty
I stayed last night fixing my screw up on an Lmm where I missed a valve lash adj on a headgasket job and had 10psi of compression.. Buttoned it up this morning. Spent half the day trying to daig a vp44.. Then started on this lb7 at 2:30, had it ready for a test drive at 8:30.. Dead hole

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Lol 6.0 vans have parts warranty
I stayed last night fixing my screw up on an Lmm where I missed a valve lash adj on a headgasket job and had 10psi of compression.. Buttoned it up this morning. Spent half the day trying to daig a vp44.. Then started on this lb7 at 2:30, had it ready for a test drive at 8:30.. Dead hole

No, i had just put injectors, oil cooler and hpop in and it made it like 200 miles and 1 injector went bad, solenoid was open on the high side Wow that sucks on the LMM! Thats real good time on the injector job, its amazing what practice can do, i pulled the driver side valve cover on a 7.3 in 4 minutes yesterday

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No, i had just put injectors, oil cooler and hpop in and it made it like 200 miles and 1 injector went bad, solenoid was open on the high side Wow that sucks on the LMM! Thats real good time on the injector job, its amazing what practice can do, i pulled the driver side valve cover on a 7.3 in 4 minutes yesterday

F that sucks on the inj.. Was it an oe injector? Like motorcraft brand? We had to start only using m.c. Inj in 6.0s due to failures.. Actually we only use oe in all of them lol. I think I've done 15 lb7 injector jobs this year probably.

It's takes me 4 minutes of looking at a 7.3 to want to even think about working on it.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
F that sucks on the inj.. Was it an oe injector? Like motorcraft brand? We had to start only using m.c. Inj in 6.0s due to failures.. Actually we only use oe in all of them lol. I think I've done 15 lb7 injector jobs this year probably.

It's takes me 4 minutes of looking at a 7.3 to want to even think about working on it.

No, our shop uses all alliant power. We have been seeing a ton of failures though.... we don't work on hardly any duramaxes or cummins. Im not exaggerating when i say its a 10-1 ratio of powerstrokes to dodges and chevys combined!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No, our shop uses all alliant power. We have been seeing a ton of failures though.... we don't work on hardly any duramaxes or cummins. Im not exaggerating when i say its a 10-1 ratio of powerstrokes to dodges and chevys combined!

I don't know who alliant is.. But we tried a it 5 places before we decided to go back to oe.. Zero failures since