"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

ILuvJDM

Jul 15, 2014
Austin, Texas
Anyone know why my airdog 165 would resonate more in the cab now after filter and water separator change? The filters are tight and seem to be sealed well, but maybe I tweaked the mounting plates a bit and now I get harmonics in the cab I never had before. Any ideas on what I can chase down ?

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Drove truck for 2nd day to work after motor change! Last motor lost piston 10/17/15 first pass. Found piston next day half though turbo and the other half in the oil pan.

ILuvJDM

Jul 15, 2014
Austin, Texas
If the tone changed its probably sucking air...

It draws suction through the water separator first, correct? So maybe my water separator isn't seated all the way and it's sucking air from that seal? It's got a slight whine to it now almost the same pitch as when a vehicle has a bad power steering pump. I'll check those filters tonight

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
uploadfromtaptalk1449192724456.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449192742819.jpg
Truck got smashed by an Equinox. The equinox had less damage. Other drivers fault. Lots of cab damage, door won't open, the fass is loud as shit now, and the bed is all wrinkled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449192724456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449192724456.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449192742819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449192742819.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 68

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Dang it man!

Damn man that sucks! Hope you're ok as the truck is repairable.

Corey

Your not having much luck with keeping anything in one piece.:eek: I hope you come out on top of this one.

:mad::mad:

At least no one got hurt,,.
Nope no one was hurt. We had plenty of warning. I watched it happen in slow motion. Tried to punch it and accelerate away from him but I caught the trans between 1&2 shift and just confused it instead.
I'm sure it's fixable but it'll take time, that's what annoys me most. On the weekends this truck lives in front of a trailer or always has a bed full of something. I'm sure insurance is going to try to give me a Kia or some joke of a vehicle as a rental.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Smart car FTW lol. Sorry to hear about your luck man that is always tough to stomach. At least you all walked away unharmed and you don't have to pay much to fix it. Silver lining in everything I suppose

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Installed a new wheel bearing and CV shaft on the driver's side, pulled the DS stub shaft out of the front diff and found the needle bearing wasn't set in the race right, replaced it. Front end is good as new and, man it dlfeels great...been dealing with this gremlin for a while.

Also noticed that the SSBC big bite rotors were shot and one set of pads is down to 2mm, and after less than 25k mi too....so I ordered up a set of EBC 3gd rotors and yellow stuff pads. I've had good luck with that rotor/pad set up on two other rigs.

Parts should be here next week
Gonna rebuild the calipers and flush/fill the system with DOT4:cool2:
I actually found refurbished and PC'd stock calipers forna decent price I might try out, but only come in red :mad:
made me think of Russ (1TRKHD) :hug:
;)

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Installed a new wheel bearing and CV shaft on the driver's side, pulled the DS stub shaft out of the front diff and found the needle bearing wasn't set in the race right, replaced it. Front end is good as new and, man it dlfeels great...been dealing with this gremlin for a while.

Also noticed that the SSBC big bite rotors were shot and one set of pads is down to 2mm, and after less than 25k mi too....so I ordered up a set of EBC 3gd rotors and yellow stuff pads. I've had good luck with that rotor/pad set up on two other rigs.

Parts should be here next week
Gonna rebuild the calipers and flush/fill the system with DOT4:cool2:
I actually found refurbished and PC'd stock calipers forna decent price I might try out, but only come in red :mad:
made me think of Russ (1TRKHD) :hug:
;)

I hope you threw a new ABS sensor in that wheel bearing. I also predict a glow plug going out on your drivers side this week:D

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I hope you threw a new ABS sensor in that wheel bearing. I also predict a glow plug going out on your drivers side this week:D
The new unit bearing came with the ABS sensor ;)

:roflmao:
YOURE CLOSE!

Had to replace a manifold gasket (AGAIN!)
ON THE DRIVER SIDE!!!
When you buy PPE manifolds, they don't tell you that the heat cycle causes them to shit those bolts every 8k miles :mad:
I wonder if a high tinsle strength lock washer would stop this from happening. Thought's?

I laugh at a glow plug
Hahahahahah

But I really hope that doesn't happen :angel:

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Woke up with a headache and a lot less tread depth. Goes 50 feet in the other direction too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 58

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Woke the limo up from her month long slumber outside. Drug the fifth wheel out, loaded the sand car in it to open the garage up for her and backed it all back in. Now getting her washed to tuck her back inside while I finish getting the rest of her top end parts

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Woke up with a headache and a lot less tread depth. Goes 50 feet in the other direction too.
Hmm I have been there
1ea2de083e03a5b95aef252c4b1858a3.jpg
mine was a little more pricey than a set of tires though..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Not Duramax related since mine is at the plastic surgeon for a little while

But what red blooded American wouldn't incorporate his mega truck into the Christmas decorations
1df71f35ba92f81e3ec5f53e4a6f12a9.jpg
d4340a8163ea968393baf210d46e27b2.jpg

I have an amazing fiance. She just goes with it. Even helped! If we're going to be the Beverly Hillbillys of the neighborhood might as well embrace it