"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

flyintaco138

May 25, 2014
Runnells, Iowa
Ron Mosqueda

I don't know where else to put this but I lost my father the other day to a brain anuraisam and having a hard time with it :( If you guys would like to know more from a fellow diesel enthusiasts and a great father
http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/desm...aspx?n=&pid=175108770&referrer=0&preview=True

Yesterday I competed a sas that was started in September of 2014 with my father

It has 14 bolt front 3.73 gears Detroit locker 30 spline inner and 35 spline outer
Front Ford 2006 f-350 suspension
Rear stock 11.5 with 3.73 with a grizzly locker
37x13.5x20 toyos mt's with 20x12 tis wheels
Rancho 9000xl shocks
4 inch banks exhaust
Afe stage 2 intake
Boss 8 foot straight blade

We were planning on a fass or airdog and efi before the NHRDA event in st. Louis but I don't think I will be able to swing it and maybe not even go but he will get one ride in it even though he never got to see it completed. I hope he would be proud of it and I hope you all like it.

Love you DAD!!

Coty

Attachments

• KIMG0031.jpg
    KIMG0031.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 42
  • KIMG0036.jpg
    KIMG0036.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 35
  • KIMG0033.jpg
    KIMG0033.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 43

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Swap them master pro out for a different brand. Master pro is an "improved," aka thicker design and will only fit half way in the sleeve. I used Auto zone brand with some anti-seize. Rough country sleeves are for lifted trucks BTW.

Doubt it matters if the truck is lifted or not...

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I don't know where else to put this but I lost my father the other day to a brain anuraisam and having a hard time with it :( If you guys would like to know more from a fellow diesel enthusiasts and a great father
http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/desm...aspx?n=&pid=175108770&referrer=0&preview=True

It has 14 bolt front 3.73 gears Detroit locker 30 spline inner and 35 spline outer
Rancho 9000xl shocks
4 inch banks exhaust
Afe stage 2 intake

We were planning on a fass or airdog and efi before the NHRDA event in st. Louis but I don't think I will be able to swing it and maybe not even go but he will get one ride in it even though he never got to see it completed. I hope he would be proud of it and I hope you all like it.

Love you DAD!!

Coty

Nice setup looks great, sorry for your loss.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Rancho 9000xl shocks
4 inch banks exhaust
Afe stage 2 intake

Love you DAD!!

Coty

I lost a close friend to a brain anursium last year, I know the pain and suddenness of it all. Im sorry for your loss, looks like yall were building one hell of a truck together. Finish it and go use it as he wanted you too...

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Swap them master pro out for a different brand. Master pro is an "improved," aka thicker design and will only fit half way in the sleeve. I used Auto zone brand with some anti-seize. Rough country sleeves are for lifted trucks BTW.

My mistake on this post, I have moog inners! But anyways im in the process of drilling out the sleeves so they will fit. :thumb: I need to get a bigger drill bit though

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
I have put many different sleeve setups on various trucks. I've come to the conclusion that its worth the wait to pay for the Rare Parts Gen 2 tie rods. Unbeatable things! Really great quality. IMO.

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone seen the I believe it is the Zone 10 3" lift for our trucks? I'm wanting a set of cognito UCA. And just wanna drop the front dif a bit to correct some angle. It looks like those brackets would be just what I need. Minus the rest of the lift garbage I don't need. Might try and make a front diff drop brackets.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
My mistake on this post, I have moog inners! But anyways im in the process of drilling out the sleeves so they will fit. :thumb: I need to get a bigger drill bit though
Sounds like fun! I'd tap a grease fitting on there too

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Got the sleeves/tie rods put together and installed on the truck.. The sleeves really beefed up the tie rod and the look of the front end a bit. Gotta finish it up a little tomorrow then test out a 4wd launch at like 7 psi.. Maybe more :cool:

Edit: how difficult is replacing the pitman, idler, centerlink? Found out it has some play that I dont like

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Got the sleeves/tie rods put together and installed on the truck.. The sleeves really beefed up the tie rod and the look of the front end a bit. Gotta finish it up a little tomorrow then test out a 4wd launch at like 7 psi.. Maybe more :cool:

Edit: how difficult is replacing the pitman, idler, centerlink? Found out it has some play that I dont like

It's not that bad of a job if you have the proper pitman arm puller..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Spent some more time on mine tonight. Finished up lbz swap wiring, ran my pcv hoses, installed my egr delete pipe, installed intake, poured 5 gal of fuel in.. Then fought a no crank for 2 hours.. Looks like I killed the fuse box somehow. No power to the crank relay, has power at bottom of fuse box. Ended up jumping the relay and starting it up for the first time.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Spent some more time on mine tonight. Finished up lbz swap wiring, ran my pcv hoses, installed my egr delete pipe, installed intake, poured 5 gal of fuel in.. Then fought a no crank for 2 hours.. Looks like I killed the fuse box somehow. No power to the crank relay, has power at bottom of fuse box. Ended up jumping the relay and starting it up for the first time.

Nice bud:thumb:

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona

Awesome! Get a vid if possible