"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
That looks like a nice lift, are you installing it yourself?

Kent

Nope! Ive installed my share of lift kits and this one's a doosey, im sure its pretty straight forward but the ntbd looks interesting and i have never done or even seen one in person
Less than 800 for install and alignment, done in a day and i stay clean and cut free :thumb:

I dont have the ability in time anymore is what it really comes down to though, then i wind up working through the night, no sleep for two nights means up for three days straight, then mistakes happen... im too old to play like that anymore, besides I've already had a costly mistake doing just that(working on the truck for a few nights in a row) recently. I want this done right, this truck is too nice and i have too much into it, the lift alone is expensive, and i am expecting alot out of the truck with the power i have already and the power i plan to add in the future will only amplify those expectations. I will probably watch the technical stuff just so i understand how t works and where to look if i run into problems down the (off)road;)

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Hauled a skid steer. First heavy-ish load on this setup. The s475 did way better than I thought. EGTs were 1000º in 3rd gear @ 2800 rpms with 25-30 psi.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Went WOT for the first time in a year and trans actually................................

Shifted :happy2:
Woo! Always nice when things work!

Today my brother and I dialed in the MAF limiting table so the smoke level is reasonable. Truck is a hair slower off idle, but I won't black out intersections and listen to fuel knock anymore!

With the RoadRunner, all the tuning took less than an hour to be exactly the smoke level I want. Gotta love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Replaced both rear axle seals and changed the diff fluid. One seal was toast, but both came out in 3 pieces. Hoping they hold up for another 100k like the originals. Cleaning all that oil out of the parking brake was such a pain.

corvettekent

Classic Corvette
Jan 1, 2012
Marysville, Washington.
Nope! Ive installed my share of lift kits and this one's a doosey, im sure its pretty straight forward but the ntbd looks interesting and i have never done or even seen one in person
Less than 800 for install and alignment, done in a day and i stay clean and cut free :thumb:

I dont have the ability in time anymore is what it really comes down to though, then i wind up working through the night, no sleep for two nights means up for three days straight, then mistakes happen... im too old to play like that anymore, besides I've already had a costly mistake doing just that(working on the truck for a few nights in a row) recently. I want this done right, this truck is too nice and i have too much into it, the lift alone is expensive, and i am expecting alot out of the truck with the power i have already and the power i plan to add in the future will only amplify those expectations. I will probably watch the technical stuff just so i understand how t works and where to look if i run into problems down the (off)road;)

$800 sounds like a fair price to pay for the install if you don't have the time to do it youself.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC

Not a bad idea, I pay a guy to do all my Dmax mods. One little mistake on these bad boys and you could cost yourself allot of cash, I bolt on shocks, intakes, swap glow plugs etc but I not interested in doing trial and error work on my trans or engine.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
My bowtie was lookin like azz so instead of just buyin somethin i decided to wrap it with some carbon look stick on wrap...
picture.php
picture.php

I like it much better, we'll see how it holds up through winter!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Not too shabby^ My truck was in the shop getting a new #8 injector seal. Picking it up tonight and getting a 2nd grill so I can try a painted black one for the winter.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hey thanks! The best part was it only took about half an hour to do and the carbon wrap was just layin around so it was a freebie!

Are you gonna plasti-dip the bumper chrome too? All black and murdered out:cool:
like a ninja:spit:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I've thought about it but I dont think so. I think I'm going to leave the bumpers as the only chrome on the truck and see how it looks like that.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
It will look sweet!
I only asked cuz in the winter the sand and salt can give the chrome a dull finish, the east coast winters can be brutal. I have heard alot if guys doin the plasti dip thing in the winter out there.

I like the chrome

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Oh snap!
:eek: is that an h&s tuner for the lml?
:driving2::rules::cop:
:acceler:be on the look out!

Sweet
:thumb:

I did a bit more trimming in my wheel wells and lowered my front 2" it rides so much better i can hardly believe it, but my cv angles are not there yet, still need the lift

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
My bowtie was lookin like azz so instead of just buyin somethin i decided to wrap it with some carbon look stick on wrap...
I like it much better, we'll see how it holds up through winter!

I did say it's carbon "look"
I want that to be clear! :D