"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Put a new pitman arm on finally after 50k of abuse. Idler arm is still like new. Surprisingly the pitman arm had absolutly no forward or backward movement, it had worn out via too much up and down movement. I love this steering kit!!!!

I also tried adjusting the sector shaft via the little little nut/allen on top of the box. This box has had play since i bought it from napa (this is the third one of three i tried on the truck when i replaced it way back when, this one had the least amount of play but still had some). One full turn put the steering damn near as tight as new. Im usually really against touching that adjustment as it can cause some bad repocussions but i wasnt too worries if i screwed up the box (its lifetime warrentied as well) and i tried it at a 1/8 turn at a time.

Truck drives soooooo nice now

TXSarge

Nov 10, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Tried to get the cat gutted out late last night but needed something different to jam in there past the bends and eventually just gave up and put it all back together. Got some decent chunks out but still have most of it to dig out.

Aired my tires up to 60 front 55 rear from 40/40 and went for a drive to see if it effected mileage any. No big change to report there but it does drive better and the ride is different of course.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Put a new pitman arm on finally after 50k of abuse. Idler arm is still like new. Surprisingly the pitman arm had absolutly no forward or backward movement, it had worn out via too much up and down movement. I love this steering kit!!!!

I also tried adjusting the sector shaft via the little little nut/allen on top of the box. This box has had play since i bought it from napa (this is the third one of three i tried on the truck when i replaced it way back when, this one had the least amount of play but still had some). One full turn put the steering damn near as tight as new. Im usually really against touching that adjustment as it can cause some bad repocussions but i wasnt too worries if i screwed up the box (its lifetime warrentied as well) and i tried it at a 1/8 turn at a time.

Truck drives soooooo nice now

My entire front end is stock still. :eek:

First 30k was stock wheel/tire.
Next 60k was on a 9" lift with 37s.
Next 25k was on a 4" lift with 32s.

Think I'm due to replace some things?? :baby: :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My entire front end is stock still. :eek:

First 30k was stock wheel/tire.
Next 60k was on a 9" lift with 37s.
Next 25k was on a 4" lift with 32s.

Think I'm due to replace some things?? :baby: :D

Dude you were due a loooong time ago when i first talked to you about all that junk lol.

I couldnt get more than 10k out of an idler/pitman arm with the same front end setup you had but she got used off road and on prett hard

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Dude you were due a loooong time ago when i first talked to you about all that junk lol.

I couldnt get more than 10k out of an idler/pitman arm with the same front end setup you had but she got used off road and on prett hard

Tell me how much money this is going to cost me and what i should replace. I only trust you with my frontal area :eek: :nana: :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You need to bring it by the house so i can take a look at said frontal area. Prices then can follow lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Notice a big noise reduction Nate?

From going from my LBZ with stock interior to my LB7 with 500 sq feet of Dynamat, I can tell a huge difference. 80mph is zero win noise, and can barely hear the S480. Way less road noise, sound system sounds better, and the doors shut like a 08 ford :D

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Replaced my 18" KMC chrome Rockstars with 2012 18" GMC factory wheels with new Michelins. Used 1.5" adapters from Motor City Bolt Ons

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 51

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
From going from my LBZ with stock interior to my LB7 with 500 sq feet of Dynamat, I can tell a huge difference. 80mph is zero win noise, and can barely hear the S480. Way less road noise, sound system sounds better, and the doors shut like a 08 ford :D

That is the next plan on my agenda. How much did all that dynomat run you

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Brian's was done when he bought the truck. I just put 20 sq. ft. under my rear carpet and back wall of my crew cab. I bought a trunk kit and it cost $139 plus tax.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Got that stock, piece of crap, 2 piece y-bridge out last night, what a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITHCH!:mad:

Gonna put the new one on later in the week, want to buy new gaskets first, and gonna change up some fuel lines a bit, maybe remove the cp3 and send it to exergy???

Last edited:

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
It made a difference for sure mainly just did the floor/ firewall. Still need to do the back of the cab and doors, really wish I could do more on the firewall.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I did the fire wall on the engine side while the motor was out. I questioned myself on only doing one layer and while it worked well it would of been alot better with two layers.