D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
lol I still had MPH on you with a stock turbo........3 years ago :rofl: Loks like you need to spray 100% meth to keep up and cut more hole sin your frame ;)

Who cares what you did 3 years ago?! I have yet to see a time slip from you under 12.7 sooo... My 12.6 wins. Pretty sure I was the only lifted truck in the 12s all weekend. If I pull the lift and run wheels and tires that weigh half as much I would be killing it. Above all, I actually run my truck, not stay hooked up to a trailer like a little bitch.

Water meth controller went out Thursday night. I think it may have shorted out when we relocated the wires. So no w/m all weekend.

Pretty obvious I have a boost leak since I cant get more than 30psi out of any of my tunes. If the intercooler is to blame it will be replaced with one from DTS.

But on another note I am glad I finally got to meet Dan from PPE. The crew he brought were all cool guys. John it was a pleasure killing a couple cold ones with you and thanks for attempting to fix my w/m controller.

Got to meet Mike L, Guy Tripp and a few other people that I have spoken with over the phone but never actually met.

I hope to see everyone again next year.:thumbup::)

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Another good year...... burned off 60 burgers and a buncha dogs, drank too much and sniffed #2 for 2 days. Good times. Made a bonzai run home, phoenix to vegas 2 hours 55 minutes...... :D

Thanks to everyone who risks breakin their shit to go out and race, makes for a good time watching:D..... Hopefully this year gets better, like Ken said, PS and SS were thin, Banks never showed up, Lots of people broke parts, none of the real fast cars/trucks made a clean pass....... oh well hopefully the issues get worked out and they do better the rest of the season.

maybe see some of you in Cali soon??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Another good year...... burned off 60 burgers and a buncha dogs, drank too much and sniffed #2 for 2 days. Good times. Made a bonzai run home, phoenix to vegas 2 hours 55 minutes...... :D

Thanks to everyone who risks breakin their shit to go out and race, makes for a good time watching:D..... Hopefully this year gets better, like Ken said, PS and SS were thin, Banks never showed up, Lots of people broke parts, none of the real fast cars/trucks made a clean pass....... oh well hopefully the issues get worked out and they do better the rest of the season.

maybe see some of you in Cali soon??

Good spending some time with you Wes.:hug::rofl:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Had a great time this weekend...Finally met Trent, Matt, Brian and James...Thanks to Brian for the help getting loaded this afternoon...Bunch of good dudes, great event...Hopefully see u guys before next March...

Also, met Rob & Andrea at the hotel and Joe the Biggest, Badest, Don Deere-Lickin' Tea Bagger from Vegas...Or anywhere, for that matter ;)

I want a jet car & Chris is gonna drive it on 2 milk crates.:thumb::D

No prob Uncle Mike, whatever u want :hug:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Who cares what you did 3 years ago?! I have yet to see a time slip from you under 12.7 sooo... My 12.6 wins. Pretty sure I was the only lifted truck in the 12s all weekend. If I pull the lift and run wheels and tires that weigh half as much I would be killing it. Above all, I actually run my truck, not stay hooked up to a trailer like a little bitch.

Sorry you feel that way Ben :thumb: I have thick skin, it doesnt phase me ;)
I ran 111mph, in a heavier truck ;) My 2.3 60' is a courteous head start for you :D

You were the only lifted truck running in the 12's, but there was a 6.4 ford running 11.90's on 37's and 24's :)

Yea, who really cares what I ran 3 years ago, I really don't either :D

Like I said, I was a tow truck this weekend, should have asked me to run you on Grand Ave with a trailer, I probably would have walked your Mafia Krew like I do Neon's :dancenana:

:hug:

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yup it was a good time wish i could of meet/talked to some people but was busy keeping track of friends and there kids helping my friends who got in a wreck comeing to the races watching the raceing and tending my 9 mt old daughter she loved watching the trucks but she didnt like them nitro frontengine dragesters had to walk away every time they showed up stupid gassers lol

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Just downloading pictures and videos now. Good to be home but had an incredible weekend in sunny Arizona. Beautiful weather and great times with friends. HUGE thanks to Dennis and Nate at Strictly Diesel and the NHRDA for busting their ass to help provide such an awesome event for us competitors. Over the past couple years, this event has turned into a "can't miss" on our list.

There had been talk all winter to make a turbocharger change on the Lightning truck for the new season and a last minute decision was made 8-days before we had to leave for the event. Started the fabrication of the Triple Turbo system on Wednesday last week, somehow got it completed the following Wednesday just in time to fire it up, check for leaks, and load it in the trailer to make the drive down to AZ Thursday morning. Was alot of unknowns going into the first test pass Friday night, but once again Pius at Bell Turbo pulled it off. The new Triples worked better than expected...incredible spool-up and awesome manners going down the track. Truck made 110-psi boost pressure fuel only at well under 1:1 drive ratio. Zane said he didn't really even need to spool-it, turbos made instant boost at the wack of the throttle. Had to do some fine tuning on our wastegate settings throughout the day, but think they're pretty well dialed in after just 4-passes.

Truck ran a best of 10.17, time slip trap speed was off but our data logs show it was around 138mph. Race against Max'D Out was very exciting...our 10.17 to his 10.19, lost it on a holeshot. Think it made for a great show though, couldn't lose a race to better guy. Lots of other fast trucks running, sucked to see so many guys break in the Test n Tune the night before, would like to have those trucks running in front of the crowd on race day. All and all we had a great weekend, so glad its finally race season again.

2630501100075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2677097860075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2498291660075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2617351450075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2164374520075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2987745220075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2255334830075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

2311840260075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Sorry you feel that way Ben :thumb: I have thick skin, it doesnt phase me ;)
I ran 111mph, in a heavier truck ;) My 2.3 60' is a courteous head start for you :D

You were the only lifted truck running in the 12's, but there was a 6.4 ford running 11.90's on 37's and 24's :)

Yea, who really cares what I ran 3 years ago, I really don't either :D

Like I said, I was a tow truck this weekend, should have asked me to run you on Grand Ave with a trailer, I probably would have walked your Mafia Krew like I do Neon's :dancenana:

:hug:

Water meth controller went out Thursday night. I think it may have shorted out when we relocated the wires. So no w/m all weekend.

Pretty obvious I have a boost leak since I cant get more than 30psi out of any of my tunes. If the intercooler is to blame it will be replaced with one from DTS.

But on another note I am glad I finally got to meet Dan from PPE. The crew he brought were all cool guys. John it was a pleasure killing a couple cold ones with you and thanks for attempting to fix my w/m controller.

Got to meet Mike L, Guy Tripp and a few other people that I have spoken with over the phone but never actually met.

I hope to see everyone again next year.:thumbup::)

Pretty sure Sean was in 12's with his lifted LBZ.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix

You were the only lifted truck running in the 12's

If my 60' was that bad my top speed would have been higher than it was. I was spinning all 4 tires and still getting 1.8 60'.

Call it what you want but I am still proud of the truck. It runs really good for having 151k on the odometer with stock cp3 and injectors. I'll get the bugs worked out and get my low 12 maybe high 11.

Somebody told me you were wanting one of my D-MAX Mafia shirts. I have one in the truck for you, next time we're at the track you can wear it. You'll just be spectating anyways so you'll get a chance to show it off.

Heard your boys at Underground were asking about me. You have my number tell them to give me a call.