Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah there was tons of bs gettin thrown around. But i agree, sure didnt sound like a joke. May have been, who knows but Its always the racers that think sled pullin is so easy to do and there no tuning involved.

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
I had just posted a real nice comment about meeting Tim and Jim this past weekend and then the thread got deleted. I guess they didn't believe me! :roflmao:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Anybody in here explain to me how the girdle is going to solve the Duramax Crankshaft failures? Just wondering bc we have not put a girdle on a motor to date and those that have installed girdles still ends up with a broken crank or broken block.

I know people are all top secret on there builds at times but a quick run down of those spending the time and money on girdles and those not would shed some light on the topic:

I know awhile back there was a thread about top running dmax sled pull trucks in the country and I know for a fact over half of those motors pretty well and non have a girdle.

Any of the others willing to share if they girdle or not?

Tony B?
Rob ?
Tim H?
Tim J?
Jim H?
Jake Thompson and crew?

Im none of those guys,However my crank was ready to go before i pulled it from bent aftermaket rods.

I chose to cement the block and run a SoCal girdle, Im just hoping to keep things more solid? I have no opinion on the girdle as its to new.

I do know people that dont run girdles or main studs and think that the crank needs to move.

ill let ya know after next race season.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I dont sled pull, but i think it would be a lil harder to build a tune for that VS a race tune. Heck race tunes are easier than DD tunes:D

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
What was said?????

Didn't get to see it before they deleted it.

It was all good. I promise. :thumb:

I just said that I was impressed with the Baillie Diesel team and wouldn't hesitate a second to take my truck there and have you guys turn wrenches on it.

When we came over to talk with you guys you answered a bunch of questions (some which other pullers wouldn't answer) and even popped the hood. Had a good time shooting the breeze with ya during the driver's meeting, etc.

I wish that hook would have gone better for both of us! :(

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
It was all good. I promise. :thumb:

I just said that I was impressed with the Baillie Diesel team and wouldn't hesitate a second to take my truck there and have you guys turn wrenches on it.

When we came over to talk with you guys you answered a bunch of questions (some which other pullers wouldn't answer) and even popped the hood. Had a good time shooting the breeze with ya during the driver's meeting, etc.

I wish that hook would have gone better for both of us! :(

I really do appreciate that. Like I told ya while we were chatting I don't have many secrets just like to do things a certain way. And ya wish that both of us would have done better. Lol. I hate spending 1 1/2 hours loading broken trucks.

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
I really do appreciate that. Like I told ya while we were chatting I don't have many secrets just like to do things a certain way. And ya wish that both of us would have done better. Lol. I hate spending 1 1/2 hours loading broken trucks.

Not to mention the 6 1/2 hour drive if I remember correctly! Jim said he had awful luck with that sled :rofl: