Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
i found a boost leak between intake runner and head. so i put new rtv sealant in it and it sealed up nicely but truck still runnings same way

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well on the tractor we have some bent pushrods (all but one) and a beat up piston. Also getting the turbo redone as it had too much play in it.

Bent pushrods

]

Pushrod not even touching rocker

Beat up #4 piston. Still don't know what did it, only cylinder that got beat.

Head is in good shape

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
I'm not exactly sure you want to be at the first one. PM me after you see I get it running and I'll let you know. If I have it running in Uxbrige that's a good pull to attend as there is lots of good classes there.

Dave have you got the truck running yet? I've been looking for your videos on youtube and haven't been able to find any recent ones. Can't wait to see it run!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Not here 15 days until we hook again:thumb:

I shipped Tuesday but I can't find the label. I remember Friday just not which one...I'll keep looking :D

Im not sure I could handle that. I need a break by the time October rolls around!
Don't worry about tracking. Actually forgot about it till I read that....

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
having ran my first full year I am planning on building the trans, throwing in a elocker and going from 285/75/16 on a 8 inch rim to 285/70/17 on a 9 inch rim, maybe throwing a charger at it

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Taking more pullin stuff off the truck. Sled stopper's off hitch came off. Reese got moved 5 inches BACK so I could pull a trailer eaiser. Oh wait. Im supposed to be going the other way with the truck lol

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
What are the cc/lb guys running for a beefy rear driveshaft? Any body have any specs? Just a heavier wall tube and have the local driveshaft shop build you a new one?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
What are the cc/lb guys running for a beefy rear driveshaft? Any body have any specs? Just a heavier wall tube and have the local driveshaft shop build you a new one?

I just had a 4 " steel shaft made with 1480's and it stood up to everything I through at it.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA

Just call mark @ Greensburg driveline and get one made with 1480s minimum so you can grow into them and not have to buy a new shaft evey time you up your power level, at competive 2.6 power level id recommend 1550s, we wernt getting many pulls outta 80s. who ever in your area that was makin ondos shafts all summer was not getting the job done!

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
YA i think garret eventually went to petros idk why it took him so long to do it though. I'm trying to avoid dropping a shaft at bunker haha. Trying to think ahead!

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
yeah he has one from mark now but im pretty sure its only 1410 still. some of the cclb guys are running 1 piece 1550s but it is strictly pulling only!