Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
JD, we found the borg 87mm wheel to be a bear to get moving. I have heard a lot of success moving to even bigger turbine wheels to gain torque over the compressor wheel. Not sure what 87mm wheel precision used in yours, but it's something to think about if the tuning cannot get you to where you want

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
if the convertor was starting to go out would that have a effect on spooling it too? The reason i ask is because I have beat on the convertor for three years and it was used when i got it. I have thought about a smaller ex. housing. but if i can spool the one on turbo now i would stay with it

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
The chassis is pretty much done. Going for paint on Friday. Hoping everything comes together rather quickly now. DHD should have my motor done this week and hoping he can get the wiring harness figured out sometime next week. Really happy with how the chassis turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 164

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
JD Dave, please tell me you're going to bring that truck to some national events in the US once it's complete?!?!

That's the plan. It's tough for me to get away between the farm and family. My wife gave me the ok to go Sheids and then 2 friends of mine decided to get married on that weekend so I'm planning now for next year now. Will give us time to figure out the truck anyways. I just want to get it running and have some fun. I pull with a good group of guys and I really look forward to the friendly competition.

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
Hey Dave, where do you think the first pull for the truck will be at? Might just have to tour down your way from Ottawa to see that thing in person. Been watching for updates on it regularly and being a machinist, it is a beautiful piece.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Hey Dave, where do you think the first pull for the truck will be at? Might just have to tour down your way from Ottawa to see that thing in person. Been watching for updates on it regularly and being a machinist, it is a beautiful piece.

I'm not exactly sure you want to be at the first one. PM me after you see I get it running and I'll let you know. If I have it running in Uxbrige that's a good pull to attend as there is lots of good classes there.

cpr_454

Mar 25, 2008
this winter i put a precision 75mm with 87mm turbine wheel and 1.28 exhaust housing. Im having issues with it spooling. I am leaving the line in 3rd gear. what kind of boost numbers are yall leaving the line with that size turbo and exhaust housing. Truck starts to push thru brakes around 10lbs of boost.

Depending on what your converter and fueling supports that maybe a little big of a exh housing. I bet you would like a 1.1 housing better for spooling.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
well thats the thing. even starting out in third gear when the truck starts to push thru the brakes i turn it loose. But i can sit in the driveway in 2wd and build boost u can hear the turbo come alive but when hook to a sled it will not in 4lo.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
When I was running an S472 with 1.01 A/R with a 1055 (2600rpm stall) stock injectors and slightly modified stock pump, I could leave at about 20psi, that was standing on the brakes and starting in 2nd IIRC. I actually switched away from building boost because I found I could just punch it off the line and it would feather out the start nicely and come alive quickly. I started doing it that way after I blew up my front end standing on the brakes.

[YOUTUBE]1uUr_-UUfHE[/YOUTUBE]