Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
LOL, yeah I say every year I'm not gonna be finishing the truck the night before the first pull......every year comes and I'm finishing things the night.before! Lol!

That was where I got the name "Last Minute Puller". Didn't matter where, I usually had somebody else signing me in and rolled the truck off just in time.

Your correct. Hopefully it will eliminate some of the cursing that might go on during loading.

You know what would eliminate that?.........

A race hauler with a liftgate.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I like the thought behind this. Any fear in bounce?
To behonest I never thought of bounce going down the track until you mentioed it but we are putting in transport pins for trailering so we might have to run them on the track if its a problem.
You know what would eliminate that?.........

A race hauler with a liftgate.

I'd rather have a long rear ramp door then a lift. The semi trailer with living qaurters will come some day but it's not in the cards right now. The weight box idea makes it easier getting on some scales also plus it really cost very little to do considering I already have the pump for the tilt body and steering.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
If those are going to hyd driven rams for the weight box... you should be able to "lock" them into position hydraulically, no? I'm pretty sure that's what some of the mod fwd guys around here do. I've never seen theirs even wiggle.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Thoughts.... I've got an A/W cooler I will be running this season. The truck will also see limited street use. I have a new A/A cooler as well. To eliminate having to switch boost tubes around all the time, I'm thinking about blowing through the A/A, then the A/W to the motor. The A/W would obviously only be used for competition. Would the internal volume of running both kill spool time much? Never herd of anybody trying this. It will cut down on some boost tube plumbing also. I'm running a big single in the twin location, and will blow through the A/A IC opposite of stock.

BBankDmax

Mar 24, 2013
Mchenry IL (815)
We are in the same shape. Don't plan on running at TS but we want to go and watch. Our truck is nothing like it was the last time it ran so we have a lot of learning to do.

:grd:

Mark i hope to see that thing on the track last time i saw it was in pieces when we picked up the lmm those axels are fricken awesome

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Thoughts.... I've got an A/W cooler I will be running this season. The truck will also see limited street use. I have a new A/A cooler as well. To eliminate having to switch boost tubes around all the time, I'm thinking about blowing through the A/A, then the A/W to the motor. The A/W would obviously only be used for competition. Would the internal volume of running both kill spool time much? Never herd of anybody trying this. It will cut down on some boost tube plumbing also. I'm running a big single in the twin location, and will blow through the A/A IC opposite of stock.

At the show n shine at sdx there was a white fummins that had it set up just as you are proposing idk if it worked well or not hope that helped

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
If those are going to hyd driven rams for the weight box... you should be able to "lock" them into position hydraulically, no? I'm pretty sure that's what some of the mod fwd guys around here do. I've never seen theirs even wiggle.

Basically it's just an electric valve on a 2 way cylinder so I doubt I have any problems. It's more transport I'm worried about. We're think of a way to basically set the weight box down on something mounted to the trailer which will stop it from bouncing and be the front fastening point. That way we only have to chain or strap the rear. Maybe something like a gooseneck hitch.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Basically it's just an electric valve on a 2 way cylinder so I doubt I have any problems. It's more transport I'm worried about. We're think of a way to basically set the weight box down on something mounted to the trailer which will stop it from bouncing and be the front fastening point. That way we only have to chain or strap the rear. Maybe something like a gooseneck hitch.

We r trying that 4 this season, mounting a fifthwheel hitch to floor of the semi trailer and gonna mount a pin to bottom of weight box, line it up and drive in.... It will mount the frontend in place and take weight off frontend bouncing down the road...

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
I had a ramp type thing that the weight bar rode up on at the front of the trailer and sat on top of it. Still had to strap the front down but made it really easy and no bounce on the trailer.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

Jim H. had a ramp on his trailer from what I remember. Just drove the truck into it and it lifted the front end a bit, then chain it down. Maybe hell chime in on it.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Looking Good Matt!! The signature steering colum :thumb: That guy does amazing work![/QUOTE

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a good thing he likes us and we get along well! Mikey, Jeff, and I have been doing most of the stuff with Sullivan's help and knowledge and saving ourselves some serious coin... We've been over there almost every weekend since the National Farm Machinery Show working on it.

Axles and driveplates showed up 4yet the rear diff, should get that together and under truck this weekend.

Still waiting on my new turbo since January...

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Weight reduction and custom fuel cell....:D

Sent from my GT-I9300

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367160064392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367160064392.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367160111091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367160111091.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 172

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
The rear diff ready to go under truck after we welded it up this past weekend...

Attachments

• RearDiff1.jpg
    RearDiff1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 132
  • RearDiff2.jpg
    RearDiff2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 127