No more twinkies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Actually it's the dumbshit workers fault. I bet the owners reopen with some changes and use non union workers when they do. Now what are the laid off workers going to do without any skills in this day and age?
When you undertake a bold move such as this, you must have other plans in place in case something goes wrong. The union should have counceled the workers better. I do not feel sorry for them at all.

Agreed, they shouldve taken a pay cut and just told little Johnny he was only getting love for christmas this year :happy2:

And really, what does someone working in a factory wrapping snacks really expect to make? Not to offend anyone, but I bet half the workers dont have any higher education than highschool (maybe not even that).

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Are you guys f'n serious?...The Union is too blame?...Do you know what Unions do?...They protect the wages of their members, among other things...My Union negotiates a 3% increase in wages per year, some would call that a cost of living increase...If Management asked us for a 8% decrease in wages, we would
tell them to go have intercourse with themselves...What would Hostess Management say if the Union asked for a 8% increase in wages?...The bullshit always starts at the top, there is no denying that...If Hostess wants to blame the Union workers for their downfall, then I'll feel bad for the workers, not the greedy ****$ at the top...By no means are Unions perfect, but they shouldn't make concessions for poor managing skills...Enjoy your Mexican Twinkies ;)

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Are you guys f'n serious?...The Union is too blame?...Do you know what Unions do?...They protect the wages of their members, among other things...My Union negotiates a 3% increase in wages per year, some would call that a cost of living increase...If Management asked us for a 8% decrease in wages, we would
tell them to go have intercourse with themselves...What would Hostess Management say if the Union asked for a 8% increase in wages?...The bullshit always starts at the top, there is no denying that...If Hostess wants to blame the Union workers for their downfall, then I'll feel bad for the workers, not the greedy ****$ at the top...By no means are Unions perfect, but they shouldn't make concessions for poor managing skills...Enjoy your Mexican Twinkies ;)

I bet there already made by them. Just a differant location.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
All the people at the top f'ed it all up, the union cartel and the Hostess suits! It still dosent make the holidays any better when 1/3 of the employees who probably were fed a big FAT party line, ended it all for the other 2/3's. Man no more day-old bread stores 3 for a dollar was the shit!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
It's the sigh of the times . Wonder bread and Hostess snacks were iconic growing up In school lunch boxes in my generation. Now it's all nuts and berries the so called good stuff unless your allergic to peanuts then you only get lousy ass fruit . :D

Long live the Twinkie :thumb:

Gotta go get me some before they run out.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Unions are awesome, protecting the workers rights till the company bleeds dry. Great logic! Hurray hurray.

Grizz3500

May 28, 2011
Hauser, Idaho
I can't believe anyone would blame union members for a companies down fall in this era corporate greed. I've been through such cuts and give backs in order to help a company recover and re-organize. A year after these concession were made by the employees, all management receive bonuses including 12 million for the CEO. Later, the top brass left with their golden parachutes. Nothing changed and the employees and share holders took it in the a**.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
forget about hostess! i like chocolate pudding, tastes way better and less calories :spit:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What's wrong with Walmart? They aren't unionized! :D

Why are unions for the most part democratic ?
Why do you have to pay membership fee to be in a union club?
Why has automotive industry moved away from the UAW?

IMO it goes both ways with unionized businesses both parties ,management and workers get greedy and in the end this is what you get no more twinkles!

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
What's wrong with Walmart? They aren't unionized! :D

Do you read the news?;)

Why are unions for the most part democratic ?
Not sure, but Hoffa voted for Obama

Why do you have to pay membership fee to be in a union club?
I pay so my wages, health insurance and pension have protection and representation
Why has automotive industry moved away from the UAW?
:dontknow:

IMO it goes both ways with unionized businesses both parties ,management and workers get greedy and in the end this is what you get no more twinkles!

I totally agree Audi boy ;)

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Oooooooh suuuuure, its the Unions fault, always is, unions are baaaaaad.

Come on, really guys?

Really........overpaid and underworked ???

Actually it's the dumbshit workers fault. I bet the owners reopen with some changes and use non union workers when they do. Now what are the laid off workers going to do without any skills in this day and age?
When you undertake a bold move such as this, you must have other plans in place in case something goes wrong. The union should have counceled the workers better. I do not feel sorry for them at all.

The plan was close the doors, forever.......:roflmao:

The cost of doing business got too high.......the jobs are only worth some much per/hour....there has to be a point in which the job cost isn't worth the work being done.

Also the legacy costs of medical and pensions for retired workers is also a big cost.

Perhaps the sarcasm in my first post wasnt clear :confused:

It is now.

Unions are awesome, protecting the workers rights till the company bleeds dry. Great logic! Hurray hurray.

YEAHHHHHHH !!!!!!

I can't believe anyone would blame union members for a companies down fall in this era corporate greed. I've been through such cuts and give backs in order to help a company recover and re-organize. A year after these concession were made by the employees, all management receive bonuses including 12 million for the CEO. Later, the top brass left with their golden parachutes. Nothing changed and the employees and share holders took it in the a**.

No comment.

:rofl: im in a union, and i think it sucks in my opinion.

Your one of the smart ones.

Now I'm hungry, if anyone wants Tweenkies I will be adding them to the Web Site, free with an ecm exchange, while supplies last.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.