NHRA IHRA Stock Elimanator GT Engine spec for DRAG RACING A DIESEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Sorry Greg, if I was going to spend money to built a dmax powered race vehicle then it sure as hell won't be for a stock motor spec'd index class, wtf are you smoking??? Do you ever listen to yourself???

some people like to race. these races aren't one day events where they rush the drag races up to get to the sled pull by 3pm. There races are 3 day events. In the case of the IHRA events they are 3 races in one . Friday is open time trials with stock, Super stock combo gamblers race. Saturday morning you get two more time trial and go streight in to eliminations , Sunday starts over with one time trial and then in to eliminations.

this type truck will make 150 to 200 laps a year. This truck will also be a huge challange to keep up when the index starts to tighten up.

and never smoked anything ever, Ran track in HS and Collage (the mile) was EOD in the Marine Corp. and been a Fireman for the last 30 years . So I have had a few drug test . that and being a Union president of a large federal employees local. I don't drink eather , nothing against it , just never cared for it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort.....

James Crumley

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
where else can you go to a race that is 100 % gas, and set a record, Any way , here is is all wraped up for Christmas. Stock is about can I build a better and faster race car , or truck in this case then the guy in the other lane. Its a tough class where money doesn't alway win. Ingenuity and hard work win.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pipe dream

If some was to call NHRA they will tell you there is no class for the Duramax like Greg is talking about. He WANTS there to be a class but as of now there isn't one. More bs.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
This class give the people that want to race, a place. There are over 100 events to race this class a year. This class is not a inexpensive class. This is a purpose built race truck, that will take a lot of engineering and thought.

where else can you go to a race that is 100 % gas, and set a record, Any way , here is is all wraped up for Christmas. Stock is about can I build a better and faster race car , or truck in this case then the guy in the other lane. Its a tough class where money doesn't alway win. Ingenuity and hard work win.

Riiiight..... But stock is supposed to be an entry class???

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Riiiight..... But stock is supposed to be an entry class???

No stock is one of the toughest classes around , it can cost as much as your willing to spend. But its also a class where if you work hard and use your ingenuity you can compete.

The stock pits are full of half million dollar totor homes and top cars with store brought engines. A Chevy 396 325 ho engine with all the right parts and making 600 hp will cost around $30,000 if you just pick up the phone and buy one. Build it your self and you can get out for around $10,000

Bracket racing is an entry level class, in NHRA national events stuff Super Street is a good entry level class, 10.90 and practically no rules on engine.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Lol, I'm not being a dick. I really don't see the appeal nor the demand.

The chance to race where 50 to 100 enter the class. Does mater if you see it , some do and I will continue to help diesel get in to places to race. Class racing shows real skill and tuning ability. stacking 3 , 4 ,5 turbo's and huge injectors and tossing pulse width and boost at it to see how much you can fool a chassis dyno. or building a truck to run 2 or 3 events a year. That is just not racing . Going to a event that last a few days having a 6 rounds of racing is something that has yet to be done in the diesel world.

You may not get it , but some do.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
The chance to race where 50 to 100 enter the class. Does mater if you see it , some do and I will continue to help diesel get in to places to race. Class racing shows real skill and tuning ability. stacking 3 , 4 ,5 turbo's and huge injectors and tossing pulse width and boost at it to see how much you can fool a chassis dyno. of building a truck to run 2 or 3 events a year. That is just not racing . Going to a event that last a few days having a 6 rounds of racing is something that has yet to be done in the diesel world.

You may not get it , but some do.

Sure Greg, why don't all of these interested parties join in the discussion. I've made more passes in my work truck than you have in your rail. Lol.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Because running 3 turbos isn't as good as 2+ an azz load of spray. Right.

There's a ton of people on this site that have capable trucks, and take insult to your comment.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
unlimited parts is not about tuning ,its about how crazy can you get .

You make this type limited rule set up run and you have done something.
This is getting diesel a legitimate spot in a form of racing that has been around since Wally started it all. Stock and Super Stock is tough,

But the people that are interested have the info they needed . There are a lot of people on forums that do not get in to the crap and stuff , but are here to learn

I did this and take the credit for getting this class up and going. I am just waiting on the official Blueprint sheet from Chevy to get to NHRA and then I will help the people that want to race figure it out

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Like I said

Not a real class. I wish it was but its not and NHRA has no interest in new classes. I finally agree with Greg on something!!!! You need to go more than a test and tune pass and load up or not get of the jackstands and race! I totally agree. Lmao

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
NHRA adds new classes to stock and Super Stock every Year. NHRA is the easy part . Getting the manufactures to send in an engine blueprint spec is the hard part. I made that happen.

I have been racing all years, all of its just not diesel. My car has run down the track faster in the 1/8 then your old car could ever hope to run and its bugs you that no mater what you do and how much you whine about me , I still get help, funding and parts from people in the diesel world that have know me for years.

This class is a result of my long relationship with GM.

I don't get some of you , I go out and use my contacts , Time and knowledge to gain the diesel world a real place to race and you whine about it. We are working had to the get the 6 second pass on the board soon,

you keep saying jack stands your car never hoped to ever run like this ,

CCI11132015_00000_zpsw1bfnpc9.jpg

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Gain the diesel community a real place to race huh? Wow.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I wasn't aware of a deficiency in that department.
Apparently the 90% of guys that race the 4 or 5 events a year in their daily driver or street trucks (cuz that's all they can afford to do in both time or money) in the NHRDA, and do it for the fun of it just isn't real or a big enough deal for Mr ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.