New part some might be interested in

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here you go again with your moron crap.
You continually insinuate that I (we) get free parts when I've sent you a breakdown on what I paid for parts on my own truck.
For the record...I paid the same price for that sump as anyone else and I'm paying the same price for the intake that anyone else would pay.
Joe is a friend of mine....I don't abuse that by asking for free parts.

Grow up Pat...your same old song is getting old. Not to mention it's false and a flat ass lie.
You have no idea..not one...about how our site is run or anything else involved with it.

For the record...nobody has EVER been banned from CompD for something they said on any other site.

Why don't you tel your Modeators to stop messing with my sig when you go on your tirade about this post.
It's getting old also.

You are telling me none of the staff at CompD has gotten freebies in exchange for preferential treatment? Lordy, at least you don't tell "little" fibs, you tell whoppers. :D

Your credibility ain't much it seems. The staff have even posted about freebies.

I was banned for what I posted here, not what I posted on CompD, and I doubt I'm unique. Yes, you saved a post I made insulting one of the milk cows, after deleting the worst insults that they made first. You don't uniformly ban folk for making physical or legal threats, or personal insults on CompD, or Perry would be long gone. Heck, most your staff would be gone.

How many have been banned for flaming Banks or Hogue or Moody or (etc, etc, etc)? :rolleyes:

ie - You are so full of it. It's OK to grovel for goodies I guess, just don't claim sainthood.

CompD used to be a great board for all racers. Now it's targeted for the "milkers". Wreaking a board isn't a noble endeavor, destruction is always easier than construction.

Now, back on topic, let's suppose this is a true "tech thread". Have you run this sump at the drag strip with less than 1/4 tank? I can run the Dmax factory pickup with LOW FUEL light on and still see no decrease in performance in the 1.7 sixty foot range.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You are telling me none of the staff at CompD has gotten freebies in exchange for preferential treatment? Lordy, at least you don't tell "little" fibs, you tell whoppers. :D

Your credibility ain't much it seems. The staff have even posted about freebies.

I was banned for what I posted here, not what I posted on CompD, You were banned for a particular post on ComD. I know because I'm the one that banned you, rememebr ? and I doubt I'm unique. Yes, you saved a post I made insulting one of the milk cows, after deleting the worst insults that they made first. You don't uniformly ban folk for making physical or legal threats, or personal insults on CompD, or Perry would be long gone. Heck, most your staff would be gone.

How many have been banned for flaming Banks none that I know of. or Hogue Greg brings a lot on himself. I'll let him know you asked when I talk to him in a minute. or Moody A proven thief who is banned himself ? or (etc, etc, etc)? :rolleyes:

ie - You are so full of it. It's OK to grovel for goodies I guess, just don't claim sainthood. Don't hate me cause you ain't me.

CompD used to be a great board for all racers. Now it's targeted for the "milkers". Wreaking a board isn't a noble endeavor, destruction is always easier than construction. More crap I don't understand. You say we're destructing but we're growing by the day...go figure. Maybe one day your board wil be big enough to experience some growing pains...till then it's just a cute little place to visit....kinda like Deleware.

Now, back on topic, let's suppose this is a true "tech thread". Have you run this sump at the drag strip with less than 1/4 tank? I have not...it's not installed no my truck yet. I can run the Dmax factory pickup with LOW FUEL light on and still see no decrease in performance in the 1.7 sixty foot range.

ANything else ?

Last edited:

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
CompD staff does not get involved in private or vendor sales. That's between the 2 parties involved.
I've never seen you complain though so maybe that's not all of the story ?
You could always PM me your name and exactly what you bought...I'd be happy to bring it to Joe's attention as a friend....not CompD staff.
Did you contact him about it yourself ?

FWIW i pmd my response!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
...he doesn't have the balls to post that on CompD. ...

Here is the fundamental problem. It comes up again and again. According you (and the milkers), it takes extreme bravery to post anything on your board unless it praises the right folk or criticizes the right folk. Heck, there was a Hogue thread recently where it came right out:

... 'why must I hate Hogue?',

... 'because we will screw with you if you don't.'

That is the official position. You must hate the correct folk and love the correct folk, "or else". It's often not based on performance of products, racing efforts, or helping the members on the board.

When you see me endorse a product, it's because I've tested it, and usually competing products. I promote certain products above others and side with those shops, but I do it not for personal $$$ gain, but to help those who make great stuff so they make more good HP products for our trucks.

When I see a product endorsement by the Milkmaids, it seldom includes any real tech info. Just a "buy it or else you're a bad person". We require a bit more tech here than that.

So first, build some cred before doing endorsements. It's time consuming and expensive to get "real cred", but blanket endorsements aren't worth much.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
My credibility is impeccable and you know it.
I've also spent quite a bit of money and even more time testing and comparing 6.0 Powerstroke parts long before anyone else did....and I posted my findings on multiple Ford sites. Sound familiar ?
To be honest...I got tired of being the 6.0 poster boy and was quite happy when I finally blew that thing up after 138,000 hard miles.

Like it or not, Pat...I did exactly the same things back in 04/05 that you're doing now and have been doing. I tested hundreds of different engine tunes from various people (I believe I had close to 300 separate files saved at one time), multiple sets of injectors, turbos, transmissions, fuel systems, etc.
I ran the 6th set of 6.0 injectors ever made...which were the 1st or 2nd set to ever leave that mfg's hands. I ran the 2nd aftermarket turbo ever installed on a 6.0. I was the first person with a 6.0 to run a FASS 150/180 pump. I also did beta testing on nitrous kits for Bully Dog.

I've damned sure earned the right to post up a part that has a 6 year long, proven track record as a good part. It's a fuel sump and you're acting like it needs the engineering pedigree that a fully built engine would need. The ONLY reason you're saying anything about it at all is because it was me that posted it up.

That...and it might step on your buddy Trippin's toes and cost him a sale or 2.

It's your site buddy....either delete the thread or quit crying about it....there's no middle ground.

NOw...as you said...isn't this a tech thread ?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I've also spent quite a bit of money and even more time testing and comparing 6.0 Powerstroke parts long before anyone else did....and I posted my findings on multiple Ford sites. Sound familiar ?
To be honest...I got tired of being the 6.0 poster boy and was quite happy when I finally blew that thing up after 138,000 hard miles.

Like it or not, Pat...I did exactly the same things back in 04/05 that you're doing now and have been doing. I tested hundreds of different engine tunes from various people (I believe I had close to 300 separate files saved at one time), multiple sets of injectors, turbos, transmissions, fuel systems, etc.
I ran the 6th set of 6.0 injectors ever made...which were the 1st or 2nd set to ever leave that mfg's hands. I ran the 2nd aftermarket turbo ever installed on a 6.0. I was the first person with a 6.0 to run a FASS 150/180 pump. I also did beta testing on nitrous kits for Bully Dog.

I've damned sure earned the right to post up a part that has a 6 year long, proven track record as a good part. It's a fuel sump and you're acting like it needs the engineering pedigree that a fully built engine would need. The ONLY reason you're saying anything about it at all is because it was me that posted it up.

It's your site buddy....either delete the thread or quit crying about it....there's no middle ground.

You are trying to defend yourself, yet failed to answer some "tech" questions about the product in this thread.

Give us some more info, why would it be better than a pickup? Have there been cases of it leaking due to tank bending when full? Can it be installed the way I asked? Wheres best place to install this piece, front middle, rear of tank?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You are trying to defend yourself, yet failed to answer some "tech" questions about the product in this thread.

Give us some more info, why would it be better than a pickup? Have there been cases of it leaking due to tank bending when full? Can it be installed the way I asked? Wheres best place to install this piece, front middle, rear of tank?

You wouldn't defend yourself if your credibility and integrity were questioned and assaulted ? I sure hope you would.
I answered every question asked I thought but I'll answer yours again.

Give us some more info, why would it be better than a pickup IMHO it will eliminate any chance of a improperly installed aftermarket pick-up tube sucking air. It happens....more than you read about. Some people blame the design of bigger tubes...but installer error is just as likely. It's kinda hard to install this improperly....but anything is possible I guess. Can't blame that on the part though.

Have there been cases of it leaking due to tank bending when full?
None that I have heard of personally...not to say it hasn't happened though. Again..installer error would be the likely culprit. The first pic I showed is a 6 year old install in a Ford and the owner says it's never leaked. The DMax install also shows no signs of leaking...it was even mentioned by a member here.

Can it be installed the way I asked? Once you buy something you can do whatever you like with it. There's a recomended install procedure though and I'd advise it be followed.....but that's just me.

Wheres best place to install this piece, front middle, rear of tank?
The most common spot is center of the tank towards the rear. I would hazard a guess that some have experimented with other locations though. I personally wouldn't install it towards the front of the tank but that's just my personal preference.

Note...I'm speaking on my own behalf...I am NOT speaking for Hellmann Performance. These are my own opinions. If you have more qustions I'd have to say you should contact Joe.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

I don't believe I've ever read a product test by you in the 2 years CompD has been around. Heck, I probably posted more tech there than you, and I was just a "part time" member.

But if you say so, it must be true. :rolleyes:

Yeah, deleting or locking Tech threads is your method of tech reporting, but not mine, so you'll have to excuse me.

As far as the Trippin pickup, or Kennedy, or TTS, etc, they have been used for a few years now. I neither endorse them or disapprove of them. I never finished my testing, so I have no real data.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
You wouldn't defend yourself if your credibility and integrity were questioned and assaulted ? I sure hope you would.
I answered every question asked I thought but I'll answer yours again.

I would.

Give us some more info, why would it be better than a pickup IMHO it will eliminate any chance of a improperly installed aftermarket pick-up tube sucking air. It happens....more than you read about. Some people blame the design of bigger tubes...but installer error is just as likely. It's kinda hard to install this improperly....but anything is possible I guess. Can't blame that on the part though.

Have there been cases of it leaking due to tank bending when full?
None that I have heard of personally...not to say it hasn't happened though. Again..installer error would be the likely culprit. The first pic I showed is a 6 year old install in a Ford and the owner says it's never leaked. The DMax install also shows no signs of leaking...it was even mentioned by a member here.

Can it be installed the way I asked? Once you buy something you can do whatever you like with it. There's a recomended install procedure though and I'd advise it be followed.....but that's just me.

Wheres best place to install this piece, front middle, rear of tank?
The most common spot is center of the tank towards the rear. I would hazard a guess that some have experimented with other locations though. I personally wouldn't install it towards the front of the tank but that's just my personal preference.

Note...I'm speaking on my own behalf...I am NOT speaking for Hellmann Performance. These are my own opinions. If you have more qustions I'd have to say you should contact Joe.

Thanks for the responses.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Folk need to understand that the restriction in the fuel system is at the CP3. It necks down to .218" and gets smaller from there. To put that in perspective, the CP3 inlet flows less that one third the amount of a 3/8" line, and less than half as much as a 5/16" which is about the smallest line put on cars.

The problem isn't flow dia, it's foaming. If a "fix" doesn't stop the foaming, there isn't much sense in it.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Pat are you saying that if someone was to put say 1" line from the tank to the cp3 with a like size pickup within the tank, it would do no good? Reason I ask is, I thought Simon once said he had large line(7/8" or 1") and was planning on doing the same.

Thanks

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pat are you saying that if someone was to put say 1" line from the tank to the cp3 with a like size pickup within the tank, it would do no good? Reason I ask is, I thought Simon once said he had large line(7/8" or 1") and was planning on doing the same.

Thanks

It would be an interesting test. Casper has so far run the factory pickup and lines, simply because I haven't had problems yet.

My base philosophy on going fast is to find out what is busted and fix it.

VABRacing

I know I will stand behind those sumps. They do work for a good alternative to a fuel cell. As well as stand behind Joe Hellmans products as he is a friend of mine and does some really damn good work.

I like this sight a lot and I find lots of good info here and awesome support form McRat and the staff! Also very fiendly people here! I also like CompD a lot, Richard is a very good friend and so are the rest of the CompD staff there. We get the same support over there and are happy to be a sponsor on both sites! But we really shouldnt see baxhing between the sites. I know Richard is here just to introduce a product that has been proven to work and I feel shouldnt get bashed for because hes a moderator of CompD.

Just my opinion, We should all be able to go to events and get along just fine! This all our hobbies and business for some. But in the end we do it for fun, not to get in fights!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I know I will stand behind those sumps. They do work for a good alternative to a fuel cell. As well as stand behind Joe Hellmans products as he is a friend of mine and does some really damn good work.

I like this sight a lot and I find lots of good info here and awesome support form McRat and the staff! Also very fiendly people here! I also like CompD a lot, Richard is a very good friend and so are the rest of the CompD staff there. We get the same support over there and are happy to be a sponsor on both sites! But we really shouldnt see baxhing between the sites. I know Richard is here just to introduce a product that has been proven to work and I feel shouldnt get bashed for because hes a moderator of CompD.

Just my opinion, We should all be able to go to events and get along just fine! This all our hobbies and business for some. But in the end we do it for fun, not to get in fights!

Yeah, I screwed the thread up by making a Dodge joke at the onset.

As far as "we should be able to go to events and get along", you'd need to take that up with ThatGuy privately, that part has been removed from the thread, since it had nothing to do with tech.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
FWIW- I increased the number and size of my fuel lines for several reasons. I think it'll be easier to make power but it won't make power...

The manufactures claim X flow based on gravity fed pumps, if possible i would want to feed the pump the same way and increase the line size. In other words, if it'll move 95 gph through 1/2" line what'll it move through a 3/4" line? The FASS pump is easy to mod up in port/line size.

I can say you can put a big ass fitting in the back of a CP-3, take the pump apart and give it to a machinist. Tell him you wanna put a -12 O-ring line to it.:D

None of this is rocket science its just tinkering and makin it betta.:D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i see were your going with this...;)

haveing a 3/8 line charged @ 12psi will flow less then a 1/2" line with came charge if the valve open time is the same

pluss the bigger line has more fluid wantitng to go through the said hole

weather or not it make more power or not... it does make current power level easier...

Last edited:

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
I look at this sump thing like I do on heating oil oil barrels. 1st you can install a line from top and keep it 4" above bottom and not run a filter . 2nd you can tap in on bottom of tank and run filter . 1st option tends to have build up problems . 2nd option tends to be better as long as you change filters .I personally prefer to use 2nd option to keep whole tank cleaner . I know this is not same thing but wouldnt this keep stuff cleaner in the long run? let me know if Im off base here .