New part some might be interested in

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thsi would be nice to have, I know my Fass sucks air at below a 1/8 tank

Your FASS (or any other high return rate pump) foams the fuel big time. I'd get a guarantee in writing that it will actually fix that problem before purchasing. The factory GM system is designed to prevent fuel foaming, yet it still does if the return rate is too high.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Meh....If Im gonna run a sump style tank (especially in a race truck/car) I'll do it right and buy a sump fuel cell. Not run a half ass'ed stock tank with a hole cut in the bottom....

Thanks though.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
:rofl:

Joe makes some nice stuff. That peice just does not look nearly as nice as his other stuff. With the right endmill it would not take much time at all to make that look far better. On a CNC lathe you can turn it so shiney you can see yourself in it. But the lathes I run are most likely way out of Joe's prices range.

Do you own the lates you run? Didn't think so.

Yes...he has lathes in his shop.

To the original point you made though....do you really need a perfect finish on something that's going on the bottom of a truck ?
OOR....are you just shooting your mouth off over her like normal instead of over there where the guy you're talking crap about will see it ?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Your FASS (or any other high return rate pump) foams the fuel big time. I'd get a guarantee in writing that it will actually fix that problem before purchasing. The factory GM system is designed to prevent fuel foaming, yet it still does if the return rate is too high.

There are probably close to if not over a hundred trucks running this sump with FASS or Airdog pumps on them. There is no foaming fuel issue.
You may be mistaken that this is a brand new part....it's not. David Lott at Diesel Innovations has had them on the arket for about 6 years now. He stopped having them made about 2 years ago or so due to cost. JoeHellmann and David work close on many products and now Joe makes the sumps himself.
It's a very proven part in the sense of the "issue" you're dreaming up.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Since it's on CompD, Who's copy of a copy of an original is it;). Sorry, couldn't resist...

Like I said above...it's a colaboration of the original designer and a new manufacturer. There is no copying involved....it's the same part as always. It's kinda hard to copy your ow part isn't it ?

I'd bet my truck that if that link was posted by a member here and wasn't on CompD the part would be welcomed with open arms.
Keep your blinders on geniuses....you'll miss out on a lot of cool stuff that way.

Last edited:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007

To the original point you made though....do you really need a perfect finish on something that's going on the bottom of a truck ?
OOR....are you just shooting your mouth off over her like normal instead of over there where the guy you're talking crap about will see it ?

There are probably close to if not over a hundred trucks running this sump with FASS or Airdog pumps on them. There is no foaming fuel issue.
You may be mistaken that this is a brand new part....it's not. David Lott at Diesel Innovations has had them on the arket for about 6 years now. He stopped having them made about 2 years ago or so due to cost. JoeHellmann and David work close on many products and now Joe makes the sumps himself.
It's a very proven part in the sense of the "issue" you're dreaming up.

Like I said above...it's a colaboration of the original designer and a new manufacturer. There is no copying involved....it's the same part as always. It's kinda hard to copy your ow part isn't it ?

I'd bet my truck that if that link was posted by a member here and wasn't on CompD the part would be welcomed with open arms.
Keep your blinders on geniuses....you'll miss out on a lot of cool stuff that way.

Ever get the feeling that you are not appreciated? :eek:

Don't take what I am saying too serious, look at my avatar...that was a gift from the staff here at duramaxdiesels.com. I find it rather fitting :rofl:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Ever get the feeling that you are not appreciated? :eek:

Don't take what I am saying too serious, look at my avatar...that was a gift from the staff here at duramaxdiesels.com. I find it rather fitting :rofl:

You can change it anytime lol I think you like it lol.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
:rofl:

Joe makes some nice stuff. That peice just does not look nearly as nice as his other stuff. With the right endmill it would not take much time at all to make that look far better. On a CNC lathe you can turn it so shiney you can see yourself in it. But the lathes I run are most likely way out of Joe's prices range.

Don't see where John is bashing at all, in fact I see a compliment. Constructive criticizim is what helps us all do better.

And IMO why someone would take a finish cut has to do with pride....not function. If not why bother putting a clear coat on your paint:confused:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Looks like an angry beaver nibbled that out.

This is the post I read as bashing Joe. Of course like I said...he doesn't have the balls to post that on CompD. Her has to hide here and bash stuff from our site like he always does.

At least I come to y'alls house when I have something to say about any of y'all.

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Nice part- Hope the guy that posted comes back and tells us more so we can learn about it. Perhaps after he tells us more it would, if nothing else, spin off an adaptation for DMAX trucks.

BTW- when i dismantled (cut an 8" hole in the top and took a peak :D) my factory tank i had little to nothing accumulated in the bottom of it. Bad fuel is bad fuel but the inside of the tank is set up like everything is designed to go to the back corner and pile up if anything.

IMO- if your gonna take the tank out for the suck tube this part is an option, pumps like gravity feed to!

EDIT- Is see he's back!

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Here's an installed pic...this one has been in use for 6...yes 6 years.
I don't think anyone can argue that this is about as good of a suply as you'll get for a FASS or similar pump.
misc8_009.jpg

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
That Guy-

WHat are tha chances the designer/creater would raise the feed port a little and create a drain (1/4" NPT?) to release sedament?

Just an idea?

What is the OD of this part and how are people getting the ring in the tank?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
That Guy-

WHat are tha chances the designer/creater would raise the feed port a little and create a drain (1/4" NPT?) to release sedament?

Just an idea?

What is the OD of this part and how are people getting the ring in the tank?

If you ordered form Joe he can add anything you want. I actually like that idea...

Not sure about the OD of the ring but it fits through the opening in the top of the tank....see DMax install pics above. The hole cut into the tank is 3" diameter. The port is 1/2" NPT.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
a port would be kinda sweet, you could check the fuel with out having to remove it, drain the tank or wait until your close to empty. Doesn't look like its ever leaked, no residue down wind. Rear end is dry.

Of course he could install 3/4" or 1" ports as well :D

Great idea, good luck with it. If i had my stocker i would try it.

Did you say what cost is? I'll look back at the CompDiesel thread, sorry...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
ehh i just remoeve the stock tank completly and put a 60gl tank in the bed with a sump pick up 5/8" at the bottom of the tank return goes in at the top never had a loss of rail pressure since :baby:

mid you i cna hold 23,000+ with out a lift pump;)