New part some might be interested in

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
FYI: I think it would work a little better to insert the bigger piece thru the top of tank and then sammich it with the ring outside of the tank. How ever, is there enough room between the port with the mount ring there?

It would look a littler cleaner and prolly seal a hair better.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
FYI: I think it would work a little better to insert the bigger piece thru the top of tank and then sammich it with the ring outside of the tank. How ever, is there enough room between the port with the mount ring there?

It would look a littler cleaner and prolly seal a hair better.

the problem is the bottom of the tanks moves up and down...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
problem ? I don't follow.....

if you put a bigger tube in form the top at @ X length when the tank is on the ground and the bottom of the tank is flat... now put coupel gallons in it and suspened a poly tank from two points that said distance had changed. your siad new pick-up wont reach the bottom

the stock GM unit was spring loaded thus stayed at the bottom of the tank as the "floor" flexed under weight/ pressure build up.

i put a "trippin" pick up in mine and ran out of fuel several times....

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
what is the cost or what is a contact, i might get one if the cost is in order hae never had issues with the stock pick up even at 1/8 tank but looking to get a better pickup . thanks

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I think what mike is trying to say is put the pick up itself in through the tank then put the ring on the outside to lock the 2 pieces together. but the port looks to be a bit high up to allow that currently.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I think what mike is trying to say is put the pick up itself in through the tank then put the ring on the outside to lock the 2 pieces together. but the port looks to be a bit high up to allow that currently.
Correct. :)

Except only problem with current design, is that the ring itself has holes taped, if it were to loosen or leak a bit, you'd have to drop tank again to tighten it up...

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This is the post I read as bashing Joe. Of course like I said...he doesn't have the balls to post that on CompD. Her has to hide here and bash stuff from our site like he always does.

At least I come to y'alls house when I have something to say about any of y'all.

It has nothing to do with "balls".

If a member of CompD slights a sponsor who puts free parts on The Staff's truck, they get banned.

Going by your definition of "balls", I have bigger one's than anyone on your board, certainly more than the staff.

Oh, and for the readers that don't know, if you post anything the CompD staff doesn't like ANYWHERE on the internet, you can be banned, not just on CompD. Like they might ban John for making a joke here, if it affects their access to free parts.

Basically, that's all CompD is, a method of getting free parts for a select few. It's only an "enthusiast site" if you agree never to say anything bad about their sacred milk cows.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

While I don't know of Hellmann Performance, nor know anyone who runs their stuff, keep in mind that we have vendors here as well.

If a vendor complains that you're selling parts here, I'll have to remove the link. I don't think it would be a problem, but to play it safe, have Hellmann contact one of our vendors and sell through them.

Your board doesn't allow this, yet you demand other sites to be better than your own.

This time, it WAS me editing your sig. ;)

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
You obviously don't know Joe or his history in this sport. Most people in diesel motorsports just WISH they had his reputation or abilities.
He takes more pride in everything he does than anyone I know.

I know Joe, I bought a used "good" turbo off of him on compD sight unseen based on his good reputation, when i got it it looked like it had a few cumapart valves run through the exhaust side and the bearings were hosed, i guess thats cummins "good" though huh???

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
It has nothing to do with "balls".

If a member of CompD slights a sponsor who puts free parts on The Staff's truck, they get banned.

Going by your definition of "balls", I have bigger one's than anyone on your board, certainly more than the staff.

Oh, and for the readers that don't know, if you post anything the CompD staff doesn't like ANYWHERE on the internet, you can be banned, not just on CompD. Like they might ban John for making a joke here, if it affects their access to free parts.

Basically, that's all CompD is, a method of getting free parts for a select few. It's only an "enthusiast site" if you agree never to say anything bad about their sacred milk cows.

Here you go again with your moron crap.
You continually insinuate that I (we) get free parts when I've sent you a breakdown on what I paid for parts on my own truck.
For the record...I paid the same price for that sump as anyone else and I'm paying the same price for the intake that anyone else would pay.
Joe is a friend of mine....I don't abuse that by asking for free parts.

Grow up Pat...your same old song is getting old. Not to mention it's false and a flat ass lie.
You have no idea..not one...about how our site is run or anything else involved with it.

For the record...nobody has EVER been banned from CompD for something they said on any other site.

Why don't you tel your Modeators to stop messing with my sig when you go on your tirade about this post.
It's getting old also.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I know Joe, I bought a used "good" turbo off of him on compD sight unseen based on his good reputation, when i got it it looked like it had a few cumapart valves run through the exhaust side and the bearings were hosed, i guess thats cummins "good" though huh???

I'm calling BS on that.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
You would, I usually stay out of all the internet BS, but since you come here and be a dick saying how someone is so great, im gonna bring it up that they might not be. I really dont care that i got hosed on the turbo, I bought a 600 turbo for 500 bucks and had to put 400 in toi getting it right, it pissed me off but thats a chance you take buying used on the internet and im sure the comp d staff would have taken my word over his huh?

As for my bad deal it was 3 months ago, the turbo is fixxed,Thats water under the bridge for me, I will never buy from him again and will advise others to do the same!

Caleb

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
You would, I usually stay out of all the internet BS, but since you come here and be a dick saying how someone is so great, im gonna bring it up that they might not be. I really dont care that i got hosed on the turbo, I bought a 600 turbo for 500 bucks and had to put 400 in toi getting it right, it pissed me off but thats a chance you take buying used on the internet and im sure the comp d staff would have taken my word over his huh?

As for my bad deal it was 3 months ago, the turbo is fixxed,Thats water under the bridge for me, I will never buy from him again and will advise others to do the same!

Caleb

Noted. Thanks.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008

Caleb

CompD staff does not get involved in private or vendor sales. That's between the 2 parties involved.
I've never seen you complain though so maybe that's not all of the story ?
You could always PM me your name and exactly what you bought...I'd be happy to bring it to Joe's attention as a friend....not CompD staff.
Did you contact him about it yourself ?