LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

MoteC

Dec 26, 2014
Glendale AZ
Well damn that sucks man. You got good support though
Hopefully you guys get her figured out, it's a bad ass mofo

I agree 100% Mark has been extremely helpful and I'm sure its only a matter of time before there is a fix. Just thought I would share my experience for others.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
On the stock trany, all depends on how much fuel you throw at it guys! My wife's is stock with a transgo and is set at 435hp 800ftlbs and is very happy with life at that power. Add much more power than that and it won't be!

MoteC- I feel your pain buddy! I have our 2011 on the dyno right this second fighting this issue and it is definitely missing vane tables, that's the issue. It is not doing what I am commanding it to do, very frustrating to say the least!:mad:

MoteC

Dec 26, 2014
Glendale AZ
On the stock trany, all depends on how much fuel you throw at it guys! My wife's is stock with a transgo and is set at 435hp 800ftlbs and is very happy with life at that power. Add much more power than that and it won't be!

MoteC- I feel your pain buddy! I have our 2011 on the dyno right this second fighting this issue and it is definitely missing vane tables, that's the issue. It is not doing what I am commanding it to do, very frustrating to say the least!:mad:

Indeed, can't wait till they fix the issue.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'm hoping its soon, however in all honesty I don't know if there will be a fix. I'm trying to be optimistic. As for the time being the stock turbo is going back on.
Damn man that sucks to hear. Well hopefully they fix it so you can rock the turbo, so much fun

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Guys, do me a huge favor and hold off on any 68mm Stg2R installs on LML's! The tables that are missing are very important to turbo operation. I'm working feverishly on a mechanical fix to this issue so that we can move forward with this project. :thumb:

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Guys, do me a huge favor and hold off on any 68mm Stg2R installs on LML's! The tables that are missing are very important to turbo operation. I'm working feverishly on a mechanical fix to this issue so that we can move forward with this project. :thumb:

This might be a benefit to having an older truck.... I like the classic body style better anyways :thumb:

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
im on the fence about switching back, im going to talk to a few more people. Minerigger and i have been talking about it but its hard to compare because he's at different elavation.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'll explain it this way. Everyone bitches about spooling at bandimere speedway down in Denver and I'm a little higher than that so a fixed van is just retarded here

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Phil, I dont have injectors yet but we could race at one of the events in MD and If I win they maybe that will convince you? If you win then maybe you keep the fixed charger? :hug:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Phil, I dont have injectors yet but we could race at one of the events in MD and If I win they maybe that will convince you? If you win then maybe you keep the fixed charger? :hug:

OK did I miss something here??? :spit:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Lol Phil has been on the fence about switching back to a vvt. Our trucks are Damn near identical so I figure why not see what the diff is between the two setups ! I'm not afraid to lose or win :thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Lol Phil has been on the fence about switching back to a vvt. Our trucks are Damn near identical so I figure why not see what the diff is between the two setups ! I'm not afraid to lose or win :thumb:

I think you guys should it would be dam interesting. I have to say though drivability is another factor win or lose my vote is still for the variable vane.:thumb:

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
thats a long drive chris! im not affraid to race either maybe we can figure something out!

I have a friend that is wanting my setup possibly and he would give me all his vgt lines, cold and hot side y bridge, intake, downpipe etc and provide a stg2r.....we will see.

Im battling some other issues right now with my lmm and lb7.