LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I wanna seem some on fuel upgrades haha!

PM Hot Cocoal he is running a DP BMW 3794 stg 2 with 60s. I know it's not apples to apples but with some input from Mark it should help make the comparison you're looking for.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well last night i was fighting a charging issue and I noticed I couldn't build boost for shit. Today still couldn't figure it out. So go to Napa to get the alternator tested and its fine, but I realized while pulling it out I forgot to tighten a lower ic boot on the cold side...retard moment again. But figured out the charging issue. The positive terminal block right about the power steering reservoir had melted the plastic in between all the wires. So I cleaned it up and cleaned the lugs up and put a pile of die electric grease on...bam no more charging issues. And while driving home I made 32 psi boost in tune 3. Mark this turbo is bitchin!uploadfromtaptalk1425520826556.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425520826556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425520826556.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 55

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
this is killing me. I'm decided on doing the trans now before it blows up (80k on hot tunes and borrowed time)... but I'd love to stick one of Mark's turbos in now too. If only I was rich instead of good-looking! :roflmao:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I bet your an ugly mofo lol...I'm a guy I better think this. So wow is all k gotta say. This thing gets it. I had to baby it this morning so I could keep the rearend straight on icy roads. Cant wait for summer time. Need a nice dry stretch so I can do a WOT run and see how it reacts with the 1058 and if I need to tweek some stuff

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I bet your an ugly mofo lol...I'm a guy I better think this. So wow is all k gotta say. This thing gets it. I had to baby it this morning so I could keep the rearend straight on icy roads. Cant wait for summer time. Need a nice dry stretch so I can do a WOT run and see how it reacts with the 1058 and if I need to tweek some stuff

I can't wait till you get the weather and time to give that thing a good shake down.:woott:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I think this turbo is a far better choice than a S300 turbo any day of the week! I like torque and up front power and you don't get that without the vgt. Guys that love S400's live for the topend power and just over look all the lowend issues associated with them. Unfortunately for those that listened to the others praising the S400's are spending even more money to get back what they lost with the switch. I will always be a vgt guy, just how it is!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I think this turbo is a far better choice than a S300 turbo any day of the week! I like torque and up front power and you don't get that without the vgt. Guys that love S400's live for the topend power and just over look all the lowend issues associated with them. Unfortunately for those that listened to the others praising the S400's are spending even more money to get back what they lost with the switch. I will always be a vgt guy, just how it is!
Hands down agree. After having the 366 and now this turbo it is a night and day difference. Love driving again, not more tap shifting to drive around town.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Hey Mark - how long do you think we can keep my stock trans alive with this turbo? Lmao

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Hey Mark - how long do you think we can keep my stock trans alive with this turbo? Lmao

Doesn't make much sense to upgrade chargers when the stock tranny isn't happy with max effort tuning on a stock truck. So my answer would be probably not long lol

MoteC

Dec 26, 2014
Glendale AZ
Well I would like to climb in and say that I have not had the best of luck with this turbo, apparently my 2015.5 ecm is not letting the vgt tables function correctly. I have had amazing help from Mark in sending me vgt files, as soon as you load the tune it will be fine. Than it seems like the ecm tries to learn the vgt's and commands different values, I have been all over the maps as well as data logs to see what is causing this issue with no luck. In my opinion like Mark told me is that there some tables missing on efilive.