LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Sure is! Did you get yours figured out?
Yes. and because I'm far to curious a person and I've always wanted to try marks tunes I figured what the hell and am gonna get some from him to lol. I'm just gonna be a little tuner whore. And no I'm not gonna do any of that comparison stuff. I'm sure I'll run both of them...but wow does high idle sound like f16 on kill
...so awesome!!!!!!!!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
But I have one downer from it all...I now have a batteries not charging warning coming up on the dash where my gear selection would be...drove it 20 miles and wouldn't charge past 12 volts. I checked all wires and fuses and my guess is alternator is taking a poop on me

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
No...stupid thing, pisses me off I treat the ol girl to a bunch of new goodies and she say well f u sir how bout this one lol

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Mayne lol. Let's hope she starts this morning. No block heater (it's dead and needs replaced), no intake air heater...relying on glow plugs with a low charged truck

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Maybe you scared the alt. with that F16 sitting behind it...Just a thought, lol!:thumb:

I think the whistle made the alternator think its bearing were going out putting it into limp mode:D:roflmao:

Sounds like you found some low end torque you forgot was there!!! So you still thinking better than the 366???

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Yes. and because I'm far to curious a person and I've always wanted to try marks tunes I figured what the hell and am gonna get some from him to lol. I'm just gonna be a little tuner whore. And no I'm not gonna do any of that comparison stuff. I'm sure I'll run both of them...but wow does high idle sound like f16 on kill
...so awesome!!!!!!!!

You just wait buddy when mark emails you you will :padlock: powers you didnt know the truck had. You think your alternator is scared now...hah those tires better be! :scare:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Come on guys quit making me jealous :D I can't even start putting mine on till end of next week:(

How do you think I feel? I pull the trigger on the 3794 and as I am installing here comes the stg-2r. But that has always been my story, a day late and a dollar, no hundreds of dollars short :roflmao:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Can we get a WOT speedo video 0-100 or something? I'm on the fence. Will a s366 run harder than this turbo? I have a lb7 with HTT 366 and it runs amazing. I just like the true bolt on aspect of this charger for my LMM.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
interested in videos too.

Anyone put one of these on going from a s400 series? I think minerigger is the first one i see switch back to vgt

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Can we get a WOT speedo video 0-100 or something? I'm on the fence. Will a s366 run harder than this turbo? I have a lb7 with HTT 366 and it runs amazing. I just like the true bolt on aspect of this charger for my LMM.

Depends entirely upon how you use the truck, other mods such as converter and gearing. Things like vehicle weight and tire size come into play everything is a package and must be chosen to work together. The stg-2 r is probably more forgiving than the 366 when it comes to these choices. Nothing when it comes to the performance word is one size fits all.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Understand that, but both these chargers should be run with a 1056 or similar converter. Gearing is going to be pretty standard for most guys. And most people are running CC soooo. Will this charger out run the same truck with a 366 or No?