my thoughts after running twins for a while

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Yeah my truck is the exact way you described it Russ.Sometimes i miss the stop light to stop light stuff and if i have to spool it a bit it still leaves just fine and it takes alot of heat in the turbos to run to their potential.Over all im very happy.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Wonder what a Danville 68mm with a s480 over it would be like? I know Dustin from ATP was doing his 72mm in a twin setup.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Wonder what a Danville 68mm with a s480 over it would be like? I know Dustin from ATP was doing his 72mm in a twin setup.

Everett had a danville 68 and now 72 over his 480 (I think). maybe he will chime in with the experience on both. I know his truck runs like a mofo and he uses it everyday!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I had 40 overs, stock CP3, 366/480 twins for a short while before I added dual fuelers. It was laggy and not impressive to drive IMO.. After adding another pump and Rob fine tuning it, she was a whole different animal:woott: It was much more responsive and would literally break my 35's loose when the second turbo lit, 4th gear 70-75mph... It still was not responsive like the stock VVT but much better when it had the fuel to light the chargers and use them to there potential.. On a stock lower end single cp truck I would definitely prefer stocker/475.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I had 40 overs, stock CP3, 366/480 twins for a short while before I added dual fuelers. It was laggy and not impressive to drive IMO.. After adding another pump and Rob fine tuning it, she was a whole different animal:woott: It was much more responsive and would literally break my 35's loose when the second turbo lit, 4th gear 70-75mph... It still was not responsive like the stock VVT but much better when it had the fuel to light the chargers and use them to there potential.. On a stock lower end single cp truck I would definitely prefer stocker/475.

i'm at that point where I have too much turbo for the fuel and not enough motor to hold the next step up in fuel! Just stuck in limbo till something happens for now.

i'm ready to get it to the track. I am very please at WOT peformance, runs strong on the big tune and I'm pretty sure it's going to beat my 12.7 stock turbo time if the trans shifts right :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i'm at that point where I have too much turbo for the fuel and not enough motor to hold the next step up in fuel! Just stuck in limbo till something happens for now.

i'm ready to get it to the track. I am very please at WOT peformance, runs strong on the big tune and I'm pretty sure it's going to beat my 12.7 stock turbo time if the trans shifts right :thumb:

if you dont, we will start callin you Bri Bri squared :D

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

Will you be in Denton march 9th for Texas national?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I'm not a fan of big twins. My cuz has 472/5533 with diverter valve, 100s, 2xcp3 and his truck isnt as snappy as my 375 single. His wont blow the tires off while rolling like mine. Once they're lit up the power is redonkulous, but it's just not as fun to drive around town. 475/stock VVT is the most fun compound setup I've been in/drove.

I want to add a 55 to my 72mm

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There will be an S475 in my future....just have to work out the "when" part of that...:rofl:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

You and me both. Sucks to have big sticks and not truly be able to use em.