My new LBZ “build

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Sounds like a good decision, even if it isn't what you want right now. Set yourself up for a better situation later in life, and you'll thank yourself.

Nothing wrong with the $2k daily beater. That's what I paid for my Pontiac, and it gets me where I need to be comfortably and cheaper than car payments, even if it doesn't get great mileage by today's standards.

And yeah, the late 90s trucks are nice looking. Hopefully it treats you well. Just put part of what would have been a car payment to savings toward repairs, and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Sounds like a good decision, even if it isn't what you want right now. Set yourself up for a better situation later in life, and you'll thank yourself.

Nothing wrong with the $2k daily beater. That's what I paid for my Pontiac, and it gets me where I need to be comfortably and cheaper than car payments, even if it doesn't get great mileage by today's standards.

And yeah, the late 90s trucks are nice looking. Hopefully it treats you well. Just put part of what would have been a car payment to savings toward repairs, and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

She’s sitting at my parents house now. Got a few little things to fix. Oil leak, brakes are spongy, steering a tad loose, and a MAF and o2 sensor code. But I’m tickled to death. Always wanted one of these trucks. Mileage doesn’t bother me as long as it’s not god aweful. I put $40 in dads cummins in 3 days...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I think spongy brakes is pretty normal with that generation of truck not really much you can do about it. That is when you’re used to a newer vehicle brakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I think spongy brakes is pretty normal with that generation of truck not really much you can do about it. That is when you’re used to a newer vehicle brakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I’ve been reading about it. Oh well guess imma get used to them!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Well guys. Yet another twist of events. My buddy wants my GMC. And I’m going tomorrow to look at a duramax. Looks to be an 06 LLY (door badges) fully loaded black ccsb with charcoal leather and sunroof and all. 218k old man truck with banks tuner and exhaust. Minty clean no rust for $20,300

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Well guys. Yet another twist of events. My buddy wants my GMC. And I’m going tomorrow to look at a duramax. Looks to be an 06 LLY (door badges) fully loaded black ccsb with charcoal leather and sunroof and all. 218k old man truck with banks tuner and exhaust. Minty clean no rust for $20,300

Good luck hope it works out for ya.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Go man go!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Well. Almost home with the new truck. I love it, but of course found a few glitches after I bought it. Something around the belt is squeaking. Radio don’t pick up. Tag lights out. Ac control backlighting don’t work. And will someone PLEASE tell me how to fix my driver heated seat coming on every three seconds. If I don’t get a reply here I’ll start a thread cause this is insane.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
seat heater could be bad switch or bad DDM
tag lights are easy -- 194's
you can replace the lights in your HVAC head like said above, or buy another unit
Radio doesnt pick up -- as in no reception? Just replace the unit
Belt squeaking could be pulleys out of alignment, old belt, etc

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not too worried about the tag lights they’re just blown. Checked last night at the pump. Radio is factory so that’s what I figured it just went bad. Will pick up local stations if I’m in town. The squeak is more like a bearing squeal. Hopefully a pulley bit probably one of my alternators. And the seat switch has a mind of its own. I watched it cycle thru all the setting on the way to work. Do the DDM have to be programmed with a tech 2?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Love my life. Just pay 20 grand for a truck and leaves you stranded 2nd day you have it. Won’t hold or build prime. Gah. Chevy you’re really f*cking high quality shit I swear.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Sorry for you luck man but it’s probably a simple fix
And thankfully you’ve been around here enough it shouldn’t be long before you figure it out:thumb:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Just pissed off in general. I can blame them for the heated seats tho. Hundred of threads going all the way back to 05 and haven’t found a definite fix yet. Currently at autozone. Says the rebuild kit is in stock but they can’t find it go figure.

chrisgary1

Jun 16, 2018
ohio
The odd thing is the dealer drive the truck as his shop truck for about 2k miles. And never had any issues but he called his mechanic just before I bought the truck to double check any issues and he told him when the gauge says half you’re out but, he had no idea. The truck was on 1/4 when I got it. And I didn’t have any issues.

My '07 does the same silly thing, its FULL for like 100 miles, then gradually moves to about half a tank and then she has about 50 miles in her until its dead empty.

I just fill up at half a tank. The new turbo, alternator(s), blower motor, t-case rebuild, hubs, rear rotors, and driver side axle and seals have taken priority over the non-necessary.

In all seriousness I used to work that truck to death, but I can't seem to part with it. I love it. I'm sure you will love yours.

Congrats on the purchase.