My Country Boy Limo. 06 LBZ

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Dang man, you're moving right along, eh?
Truck is looking good!

Yeah, I went with a set of smoke lenses too, they look awesome but at night they really affected the light output. I already have/had HID's too. Mine are a true 4500k and they were insane behind clear lesnes. I've been working on aa dual projector retrofit on a set of the tinted housings, using mini H1's. Had some fitment issues and haven't had a whole lot of time to invest lately. Might just have to bite the bullet on it and retrofit these legit protectors in an aftermarket protector housing that has the buldge in the lens.

Jason Russ is one of the guys you have to meet. I know your time is tied up with your daughter but you need to make the effort to get together with us Northwestern Duramax guys ... Even the greatest dads need a break...:thumb:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Dang man, you're moving right along, eh?
Truck is looking good!

Yeah, I went with a set of smoke lenses too, they look awesome but at night they really affected the light output. I already have/had HID's too. Mine are a true 4500k and they were insane behind clear lesnes. I've been working on aa dual projector retrofit on a set of the tinted housings, using mini H1's. Had some fitment issues and haven't had a whole lot of time to invest lately. Might just have to bite the bullet on it and retrofit these legit protectors in an aftermarket protector housing that has the buldge in the lens.

Yeah doing what I can Jason. Yeah I bet they were insanely bright with clear housings. Lol. Mine aren't super dark, so I'm thinking it's gonna work out perfect as far as light output. Also I have LED fogs from diode dynamics that will match the color pretty close. Halogen headlights and LED fogs don't mix. Lmao. What's been going on in the world of Jason? Hope everything is good as it can be.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Jason Russ is one of the guys you have to meet. I know your time is tied up with your daughter but you need to make the effort to get together with us Northwestern Duramax guys ... Even the greatest dads need a break...:thumb:

Yeah I hear ya Grant. We will have to hook up soon for sure and B.S.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
This is what I just did black background clear lenses with projectors I think they look great and have great visibility...
They are from e-bay so I was a little nervous about the purchase but I really like them now...

Attachments

• IMG_20151108_082620580.jpg
    IMG_20151108_082620580.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20151108_082628834.jpg
    IMG_20151108_082628834.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 79

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Love to man, you're a guy I need to meet too, buddy ;)
Time is tighter than ever. Ive been a single dad since the beginning of this year...still adjusting to the added commitment and even greater lack of free time, but its good

Yeah doing what I can Jason. Yeah I bet they were insanely bright with clear housings. Lol. Mine aren't super dark, so I'm thinking it's gonna work out perfect as far as light output. Also I have LED fogs from diode dynamics that will match the color pretty close. Halogen headlights and LED fogs don't mix. Lmao. What's been going on in the world of Jason? Hope everything is good as it can be.
Things are good Russ, thanks man. Yeah, f'er sure halogens and LED's don't look to "with it"
Lol
This is what I just did black background clear lenses with projectors I think they look great and have great visibility...
They are from e-bay so I was a little nervous about the purchase but I really like them now...

Nice Grant!
I wish the EBay projectors for Chevy's looked as good as the GMC projectors...I hate the bulge the Chevy projector lights have in the lens. Tried to work with a standard lens and found out why they have to make the room....:facepalm:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Love to man, you're a guy I need to meet too, buddy ;)
Time is tighter than ever. Ive been a single dad since the beginning of this year...still adjusting to the added commitment and even greater lack of free time, but its good

Things are good Russ, thanks man. Yeah, f'er sure halogens and LED's don't look to "with it"
Lol

Nice Grant!
I wish the EBay projectors for Chevy's looked as good as the GMC projectors...I hate the bulge the Chevy projector lights have in the lens. Tried to work with a standard lens and found out why they have to make the room....:facepalm:
Jason sorry to hear your a single dad now. I know how it is being a full time employee and having a child, it's definitely tough and I commend you for what your doing with your kidos. Keep your head up it gets easier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Jason sorry to hear your a single dad now. I know how it is being a full time employee and having a child, it's definitely tough and I commend you for what your doing with your kidos. Keep your head up it gets easier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you Brock!
Nothing to be sorry about man. Sadly, sometimes people change and grow apart and its better if they remain apart
:hug:
It does get easier...

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Some of my photos disappeared so sorry about that. Got started installing my HIDe from diode dynamics. Just gotta hook the ground wires up and then I'll post up some pics.
Here's another pic just cause.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
hmmmmm......lowered cc/lb......hmmmmm

not sure how i feel. but i will tell you this KLEAN!!!!

i like them lifted

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Well finally got the GOD's working today after work. The fix was to switch the factory pigtail harness 180° and then plug them back in. And wouldn't you know it they work, and look good. Will post some pics tonight when it gets darker out. Should match my LED dogs real well.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Alright here are some pics of the HIDs. This is just after I got them working.

Headlights on

Looking in direction of headlights

HIDs and LED fogs

Looking in direction of HIDs and fogs