My Country Boy Limo. 06 LBZ

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Russ, are those mud flaps a new addition?
:D

truck looks sharp:thumb:

I'm thinking the wheels need one hint of red on them somewhere...
I Dunno...visually speaking, IMHO you definitely need to tie into the red somehow with a very slight red accent somewhere on the wheels...

:angel:

edit:
I know what I'd do...I'd paint the chrome XD logo on the center cap red!

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Russ, are those mud flaps a new addition?
:D

truck looks sharp:thumb:

I'm thinking the wheels need one hint of red on them somewhere...
I Dunno...visually speaking, IMHO you definitely need to tie into the red somehow with a very slight red accent somewhere on the wheels...

:angel:

edit:
I know what I'd do...I'd paint the chrome XD logo on the center cap red!

My valve stem caps are color matched Jason.
I might try painting the chrome on the caps though. Great idea. I like the machines circles the way they are though.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I guess I just noticed them
ha

I've got a very similar wheel, it's gloss black, has the machined circles and machined accents on the web edges. I like the circle accents and WOULD NOT suggest painting them in on yours :D

didn't catch the color matched stems:eek:
does plastidip come in red? that would be the best product to use to test the look if you did the center cap logo...

I actually did this to the MKW logo on the center caps on my white truck from years ago, it looked good to me:thumb:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
That would look damn good jason...maybe all the chrome screws red?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

no, not all all, actually red and chrome is quite dynamic, just as much as black and red, but it's gotta be 100% congruent and consistent to pull it off...

Russ, this is just my not so humble opinion...please don't take offense

I think the visual cross I'm getting, is you've made it color matched and given it the "sporty look" but the door handles and the chrome logo on the wheel are cap catching my eye cuz they are bright...other than that, I love this truck...and I typically HATE RED!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I might play around with the idea. They do have red in plastidip.
oh SH!T man, I'm glad I came back in here to look at your truck:D
I wouldn't color in those accents...just the XD logo on the cap

I edited that post for posterity Russ
that couldn't have been a worse autocorrect
that's what I get for not using the apostrophe.... :eek:hgeez:

I guess I just noticed them
ha

I've got a very similar wheel, it's gloss black, has the machined circles and machined accents on the web edges. I like the circle accents and WOULD NOT suggest painting them in on yours :D

didn't catch the color matched stems:eek:
does plastidip come in red? that would be the best product to use to test the look if you did the center cap logo...

I actually did this to the MKW logo on the center caps on my white truck from years ago, it looked good to me:thumb:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
no, not all all, actually red and chrome is quite dynamic, just as much as black and red, but it's gotta be 100% congruent and consistent to pull it off...

Russ, this is just my not so humble opinion...please don't take offense

I think the visual cross I'm getting, is you've made it color matched and given it the "sporty look" but the door handles and the chrome logo on the wheel are cap catching my eye cuz they are bright...other than that, I love this truck...and I typically HATE RED!

You can't offend me bud I have tough skin, unless you talk about my family and friends then I'll bury you. Lol.
I will eventually color match the handles and the flares. I am going to do the logo on the center cap, but it has to get a lot warmer to spray the plastidip. Next mod I do will be the spinny thing in the engine.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Ordered up some switchback LEDS from diode dynamics. I had some from another lighting source that lasted three yrs, so I got the HP24's witch are the brightest they offer. 6K and Amber when blinking. Should look good. Will post pics when I get them

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Well picked them up this morning, then I washed and waxed them. My new winter wheels. Gonna get tires maybe next week for them. Gonna do a 265/75r16 maybe a 285, but I heard a 285 might be to wide. Got them for 220 with caps and lugs.