My build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Kory is sending me new tunes and we are doing some stuff to the front end to help with keeping it down. We will adjust the shocks also have some other stuff were gonna try and I'm happy with how I'm doing from just a few passes knocking a second off my time. Gotta get traction at the starting line if we can get everything done by wed we might try to get to the track if not I'm hoping to make a few passes Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I have heard more people than just you say that, really thinking about doing the swap.

I have done the swap to the DHD brace from the cognitos and I hated the DHD brace. Did not do anything for me compared to the cognitos. I swapped back to the cognitos after a few days. My suggestion is that if you're happy with the cognitos now, then there is need to try the DHD brace.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I have done the swap to the DHD brace from the cognitos and I hated the DHD brace. Did not do anything for me compared to the cognitos. I swapped back to the cognitos after a few days. My suggestion is that if you're happy with the cognitos now, then there is need to try the DHD brace.
Thank you!!! I've cut some pretty mean 60's with the cognito's.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

I find that very interesting because I had the exact opposite problem, I could not keep my truck on the pavement with the cognitos and now I can launch with just one finger on the wheel with the DHD brace I would never go back to cognito.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I bent my cognito braces. Both arms were not wore out either and CVs are always level when launching. I love my DHD brace. Heim joints were pretty wore just after 2 years on the cognitos. Launches so much better then with the cognitos. I'll never suggest cognitos to anyone anymore.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I believe I'll be ordering the DHD brace I've heard nothing but great things about it.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think you are the only one I have ever heard say this. All my friends have broken or bent Cognito braces including me. I switched to DHD brace with no other changes and knocked over a tenth off my 60ft and it is effortless now.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
mine launched straight as an arrow with the cognito braces before I lifted it, my CV's are still damn near flat too, now coming out of the hole it's like riding a wild bronc, I can't wait to get it running again and get that figured out....

what would y'all try first? The DHD brace or a shock change?
Personally, I've always thought the bilsteins were too damn soft up front, I was pretty impressed with Fox Shocks, I think I'm gonna try those next

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
mine launched straight as an arrow with the cognito braces before I lifted it, my CV's are still damn near flat too, now coming out of the hole it's like riding a wild bronc, I can't wait to get it running again and get that figured out....

what would y'all try first? The DHD brace or a shock change?
Personally, I've always thought the bilsteins were too damn soft up front, I was pretty impressed with Fox Shocks, I think I'm gonna try those next
You can't run the DHD brace lifted so you're stuck with a shock change. I haven't been following your thread. Don't you need a motor??

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You can't run the DHD brace lifted so you're stuck with a shock change. I haven't been following your thread. Don't you need a motor??

I
did
not
know that!

shocks it is...:cool:

yes, I need to build the engine, it's happening finally, I pulled the truck into the garage tonight! Ran like shit, it makes me sad to have it in this condition but it's momentary, right?

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Some of you guys crack me up. However I learn something new daily from you guys. Were gonna play with suspension and strap the front end see how that works for me, hopefully gonna make a pass or 2 Friday to see what works

Status
Not open for further replies.