Mishimoto Intercoolers

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Im guessing from reading through this thread that the sheet metal tanks some companies use are failing?

Why not just build a better sheet metal tanks with reinforcements? Super Stock tractors will push over 200psi and all run sheet metal. Unless there is a big difference in building a W2A versus A2A. I guess I think it would be easier to build a strong W2A but still shouldn't be that hard to make an A2A hold 100psi I wouldnt think. Enough guys add 3/8" aluminum straps to reinforce the tanks.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
i think the main issue is the sheet metal tanked i/c's cost more, so if you have to spend more and then modify it..... just doesnt make any sense.

also the cast end tanks are designed to promote flow better than the sheet metal end tanks, the sheet metal end tanks usually are square with a lot of sharp edges.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Shane have you run one?

I have a CG&J high performance intercooler as well. Im not really pushing it and havent done any formal tests...I just got it because my stock one had a hole in it, and the CG&J intercooler was inexpensive and bigger than stock...

It works fine. The only thing is that it pushes the rad back further, so its a tight fit getting the fan on and off.

ben

Mishimoto

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for all of the interest in our intercoolers guys! I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our products. :thumb:

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I am now in the market for a intercooler . I blew the tank out of my AFE Bladerunner ( 200psi tested ) with my Danville workstock charger and 40psi

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
Nice looking pieces, any feed back from users? I saw the 10kpa pressure drop across the cooler which is pretty damn good.

Any plans on newer models? I only see up to an 06.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well just installed a black mishimoto intercooler today. Fit and finish is awesome. Heavier than stock but the end tanks are bigger as well. Looks to be less restrictive just based on what I could see between stock and the mishi.

Definitely can't wait to go see how no boost leaks feel and how egt's like the intercooler!

y7y2u8yn.jpg

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Seem to be a trend with the sheet metal tanks

X2, won't buy or sell sheet metal intercoolers to customers. Have seen to many fail in person, Hell I blew two of them up in a 24hr period a couple years ago. I said never again after that point! They can not handle the high-pressure duty cycle we put the system through in these trucks.:thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well sucker is pretty awesome. 100* egt drop at cruise on the highway doing 70mph. granted i had a leaky one before so others may see less of a drop.

with both 4.56 gears and this intercooler i saw a 150-200* egt drop towing 5k under light to moderate throttle locked in 5th gear. things i use to pull at 1000-1100* are now a breeze at 800-900* up hills. needless to say, i was pretty fricken happy! mpg went up quite a bit as well. boost is still the same at 45psi but the little haze i use to have is completely gone :D