Mishimoto Intercoolers

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
We are installing one of these on my truck right now. Dave weighed the stock intercooler compared to the Mishimoto on our shipping scale.

Factory LBZ IC: 21lbs
Mishimoto LBZ/LMM IC: 56lbs

It's a well built unit!

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
In just put one of their radiators in a buddies 6.4, nice piece. Clean welds, solid brackets, for great. Says his coolant temps are down a couple degrees and cool off quicker after they climb while towing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
i have their aluminum radiator and intercooler in my LBZ. Very well made, nice fitment.

Thanks, it is not a matter of if my radiator fails, it's when. My truck is 8 years old and do not have much faith in the aftermarket plastic/aluminum replacements and looking for a back up plan. From the video they have posted the combination bolts right in minus removing/reinstalling a condenser mount. Did you purchase/install the upgraded cold side intercooler pipe for the LBZ?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
What kind of an intake air temp are these dropping? I'm only running 25-30 max so I know this won't help as much as a drag racer. But what about if I put electric fans on it to blow? Would that be worth the money for any horsepower, or just stay stock intercooler?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
What kind of an intake air temp are these dropping? I'm only running 25-30 max so I know this won't help as much as a drag racer. But what about if I put electric fans on it to blow? Would that be worth the money for any horsepower, or just stay stock intercooler?

I am interested as well. And does banks perform any better because it's thicker?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'm using a Mishimoto radiator and low temp thermostats no issues here. Runs really cool.
picture.php

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I have one they are very well built. Nothing was pushed back, it does stick out past the upper support about 1.5 inches, but doesn't affect the fitment of the condenser or anything else.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i have nothing bad to say about mine after running it for almost a year. things are built damn well for the price

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I recently installed the Mishimoto 3" hotside pipe and the Mishimoto LBZ/LMM coldside fittings (found them on Craigslist for $150.00 retails for $350.00), gutted the intake heater (have to keep it stock looking for visual and opacity emissions) , stock intercooler, have a 90hp EFI tune, 4" exhaust, resonated kitty, muffler, next on the list is a downpipe.

The Mishimoto stuff was wow what difference in performance and just logged 18-19mpg @ 70-80mph on my current trip to California 800 miles so far. Prior was around 16mpg highway to the North Rim Grand Canyon

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I recently installed the Mishimoto 3" hotside pipe and the Mishimoto LBZ/LMM coldside fittings (found them on Craigslist for $150.00 retails for $350.00), gutted the intake heater (have to keep it stock looking for visual and opacity emissions) , stock intercooler, have a 90hp EFI tune, 4" exhaust, resonated kitty, muffler, next on the list is a downpipe.

The Mishimoto stuff was wow what difference in performance and just logged 18-19mpg @ 70-80mph on my current trip to California 800 miles so far. Prior was around 16mpg highway to the North Rim Grand Canyon

What's the cold side fittings?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What's the cold side fittings?

The quick connect couplers that hook onto the intercooler outlet and factory intake pipe. They bump the hose up to 3.5" and use smooth bends instead of the sharp angle turns the factory uses. Kind of a waste for anything with an EGR delete pipe because they won't sell you just the piece that hooks to the intercooler.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The quick connect couplers that hook onto the intercooler outlet and factory intake pipe. They bump the hose up to 3.5" and use smooth bends instead of the sharp angle turns the factory uses. Kind of a waste for anything with an EGR delete pipe because they won't sell you just the piece that hooks to the intercooler.

That's pretty fancy. Just looked it up and extreme diesel has the elbow for 300 bucks. But that includes an lmm top elbow and boot too