Mishimoto Intercoolers

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
at MOST 10lbs. 5-10lbs seems more fitting. i didnt notice the different till we put the whole thing in and i had to lift the sucker up into my rig. kinda wish i would have weighed it cause i get asked that alot lol

i also highly suggest pulling the radiator/ intercooler as one and sliding them back in as one. the mishi is thicker and just barely squeezes past the two brackets on the bottom that hold the a/c condensor in.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
at MOST 10lbs. 5-10lbs seems more fitting. i didnt notice the different till we put the whole thing in and i had to lift the sucker up into my rig. kinda wish i would have weighed it cause i get asked that alot lol

i also highly suggest pulling the radiator/ intercooler as one and sliding them back in as one. the mishi is thicker and just barely squeezes past the two brackets on the bottom that hold the a/c condensor in.

Thanks James! I would be curious to know if the Banks is about the same; 5-10 pounds over stock. I would imagine they are very similar.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This is a direct swap in, not a mod needed. Least in my 02 it needed nothing. I believe they made it as thick as you possibly can without modding something. Everything lined up just as a stock one, all bolts, piping, ect.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
You had to space the top radiator fan shroud/TCM cover towards the engine about 1/2" is what I meant.:thumb:

Come on guys, I knew what he meant and I'm an idiot that just grinds on stuff!!!:D

I'm jealous James, My LB7 intercooler has a small leak(that I can see) in it and needs to be replaced. But then again I can't just buy anything, I've got to be different :D

Yellowchevy

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Haha that you do Russell, that you do.

You don't need one Damian, your shit needs to go slower lmao

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
lol I guess I'm still confused. If you had to space (push back) the fanshroud, That would mean its a thinner intercooler. Or the mounting holes are offset 1/2 or more forward of the banks, verus stock mounting holes of the factory.. Right? Did you have to do that because it wouldn't fit in the shroud (blade contact), or trying to keep the flowing air as close to stock with shroud for spec'd cooling?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
lol I guess I'm still confused. If you had to space (push back) the fanshroud, That would mean its a thinner intercooler. Or the mounting holes are offset 1/2 or more forward of the banks, verus stock mounting holes of the factory.. Right? Did you have to do that because it wouldn't fit in the shroud (blade contact), or trying to keep the flowing air as close to stock with shroud for spec'd cooling?

The intercooler mounts to the core support. The radiator mounts to the intercooler. A thicker intercooler will push the radiator further back toward the engine. Since the fan shroud on the LB7 and LLY mounts to the core support, it would require spacers and longer bilts to bolt it up.