LMM: LMM with 222,000 tear down rebuild

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm in awe at all the ppl who have really stepped up to help you out all across half of the U.S.! It really is amazing & super cool.

Best of luck... AGAIN :eek:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I'm in awe at all the ppl who have really stepped up to help you out all across half of the U.S.! It really is amazing & super cool.

Best of luck... AGAIN :eek:

Me too! I am definitely grateful for the help!! Definitely. Look forward to the day I can pay it forward and help someone else!

His truck definitely got a work out we where rolling somewhere around 28,000lbs EGTs never got above 1200° on the grades with what ever turbo combo he has in there,wasn't stock that's for sure, all while running his big tune which dyno'd ~488-490

Wish I could meet these guys having a beer or dinner vs hey can I wrench at your place? I need help...

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
We're here for one or the other. Hope you get up and running soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I believe Russell had a port polished ihi with 63mm billet wheel (unsure if it's a wetzel). And I'm guessing some port polished manifolds and 2" up pipes and a downpipe. His truck and the work he does with those turbos makes me want an lb7 in a bad way

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Suppose I should finally reply!!! haha:roflmao:

Adam got in contact with me Tuesday and we put a plan together for me to drive out to Salina to pick him up so I've not been ignoring him, haha.

I've been busy this last month with my day job and family so unfortunately I've had to take a break from the forum. My son was sick for 3 weeks and my wife was studying for her professional engineering exam(for 6 months:eek:). On top of that I spent a weekend working on a house for habit for humanities and helped our friends move into their house/land by hauling equipment and bring them food!!:thumb::thumb:

Its been busy but I'm NEVER to busy to help someone thats in need. I may have to switch somethings around and have some delays but I'll make it happen.:thumb:

The turbo I'm running is one of my ported/polished IHI w/63.5 wetzel wheel and some other special tricks I do to them!!;)
I was very happy with how the pickup did. I ran it on my 230hp tune and climbing a hill(small grade) my EGT's would peak at 1200F. It hit 1300F on one on ramp but other than that 1200F was the peak.

I've got to say, that trailer pulled amazing!!! No bucking, bouncing, pushing, or anything!!!! Just nice and smooth:woott:. The air ride suspension is fantastic and I didn't even know it was back there, it pulled better than my empty 20ft bumper trailer actually, haha. Out of all the gooseneck's I've pulled it was hands down the best.

I'm glad we got to meet up Adam and we'll get that turbo swapped out late this afternoon/evening!!!:thumb::thumb::hug: I might have to take that trailer as a thank you!:roflmao::roflmao: haha

Yellowchevy

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Good on ya bud!

And from one PE to your wife, phuck that PE exam! :mad: I loved it so much I had to do it twice. :eek: But I broke one off in it the second time. :thumb: I studied every night for at least 2-3hrs for at least 3 months prior. Spread out much more than that and I was forgetting stuff I had studied in the beginning.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Good on ya bud!

And from one PE to your wife, phuck that PE exam! :mad: I loved it so much I had to do it twice. :eek: But I broke one off in it the second time. :thumb: I studied every night for at least 2-3hrs for at least 3 months prior. Spread out much more than that and I was forgetting stuff I had studied in the beginning.

This is her first time taking it so we'll see how it goes, I have alot of faith in her.
She would study at the end of the day when she worked and when Eli was taking naps. She took any opportunity she could get, haha.

Yellowchevy

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Spent evening with Russel and his boy changing out the turbo.. Mrs Russel cook some awesome pork chops and potatoes for dinner..

Got 660 mile to get knocked out... Then swap the new 4088 back in... Between Russel and I pretty much deducted something came apart in the engine went through the turbo and killed it... What IDK year exhaust ports on #5,7 are wet on the LBZ junkyard engine... Find out when I get home

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Spent evening with Russel and his boy changing out the turbo.. Mrs Russel cook some awesome pork chops and potatoes for dinner..

Got 660 mile to get knocked out... Then swap the new 4088 back in... Between Russel and I pretty much deducted something came apart in the engine went through the turbo and killed it... What IDK year exhaust ports on #5,7 are wet on the LBZ junkyard engine... Find out when I get home

Good deal. Hope that turbo holds up for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I believe Russell had a port polished ihi with 63mm billet wheel (unsure if it's a wetzel). And I'm guessing some port polished manifolds and 2" up pipes and a downpipe. His truck and the work he does with those turbos makes me want an lb7 in a bad way

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forgot about the ported/polished manifold, intake horn, etc.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now

Glad we got it swapped out without any issues. Eli was starting to drive me crazy wanting to sit on top of the creep with me while I hooked up the up pipes but I love him and he's only 2 so he doesn't understand!! haha I also haven't seen him much at all the last few days.

It was nice to meet you Adam face to face, I always enjoy meeting fellow forum members. I hope you made/are making it back home. If you're ever in the area let me know.

That goes for everybody out there, if you're in the Kansas area give me a shout. Where you need help or just want to stop by and say hi, my garage/house is always welcome!!!:hug:

Except James and Corbin, you guys are dead to me!!!!!:D:thumb::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::hug:

Yellowchevy

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Glad we got it swapped out without any issues. Eli was starting to drive me crazy wanting to sit on top of the creep with me while I hooked up the up pipes but I love him and he's only 2 so he doesn't understand!! haha I also haven't seen him much at all the last few days.

It was nice to meet you Adam face to face, I always enjoy meeting fellow forum members. I hope you made/are making it back home. If you're ever in the area let me know.

That goes for everybody out there, if you're in the Kansas area give me a shout. Where you need help or just want to stop by and say hi, my garage/house is always welcome!!!:hug:

Except James and Corbin, you guys are dead to me!!!!!:D:thumb::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::hug:

Yellowchevy

And here to think I was going to send you a Christmas card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk