LMM: LMM with 222,000 tear down rebuild

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Glad we got it swapped out without any issues. Eli was starting to drive me crazy wanting to sit on top of the creep with me while I hooked up the up pipes but I love him and he's only 2 so he doesn't understand!! haha I also haven't seen him much at all the last few days.

It was nice to meet you Adam face to face, I always enjoy meeting fellow forum members. I hope you made/are making it back home. If you're ever in the area let me know.

That goes for everybody out there, if you're in the Kansas area give me a shout. Where you need help or just want to stop by and say hi, my garage/house is always welcome!!!:hug:

Except James and Corbin, you guys are dead to me!!!!!:D:thumb::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::hug:

Yellowchevy
Eli was pretty cool.. Didn't bother me one bit... Kinda surprised nhe took a liking to me lol
Hope we got all the sockets he dropped in the engine bay out lol

As for the turbo back to same issues I had VVT related, prior to swapping the GT4088R on.... Random sticking/hunting vane and (shity) 9mpg... GT4088R would be 11-12mpg. That's what I got going west same weight same route with head wind..

Some reason truck is using coolant... Guess when I get home I clamp off the breathers put a condom over the oil fill tube and pressurize the coolant system. Since there is no obvious leaks... Heads where pressure checked and wherr good...

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Eli was pretty cool.. Didn't bother me one bit... Kinda surprised nhe took a liking to me lol
Hope we got all the sockets he dropped in the engine bay out lol

As for the turbo back to same issues I had VVT related, prior to swapping the GT4088R on.... Random sticking/hunting vane and (shity) 9mpg... GT4088R would be 11-12mpg. That's what I got going west same weight same route with head wind..

Some reason truck is using coolant... Guess when I get home I clamp off the breathers put a condom over the oil fill tube and pressurize the coolant system. Since there is no obvious leaks... Heads where pressure checked and wherr good...

He's definitely a guys guy; just wants to play. haha

Good thing is theres a new cartridge waiting for you so you can have the 4088r back on there. Hopefully the coolant issues is a fairly easy fix so you can get back on the road.

Yellowchevy

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Are you gonna pull valve covers and intake tube and see if anything went through them? Also did you replace the intercooler after all the turbo failures? Curious if maybe small bits and pieces stayed there and decided to move

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I'll check for fragments....... If there where fragments.. They are gone now... Tho..Put 660 miles on the truck.... Looked like bearing slowly failed and slowly ground the wheels down... Not a overspeed, turbo barking shaft breaking explosion type failure

I actually limped it ~30 miles from the rest area to the truckstop, with the VVT actuator unplugged which in this case netted vans fully open.. It didn't start puking oil till we pulled it into russ's shop..

The 4088 had something go through it from the LBZ engine which caused it to damage the turbine wheel.. No damage to the compressor side.. Only damage to turbine area is where the volutes meet the turbine which one(PS) is wet and other side is dry

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Glad to hear you made it home. Have a beer for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well I hope when you tear it all down you find your root cause and nip it in the butt so you can get back to trucking and making that $$$

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Well I hope when you tear it all down you find your root cause and nip it in the butt so you can get back to trucking and making that $$$

The engine that failed is on the trailer put the .040 lmm back in, the one that broke in Miami

Pending how turboe swap and other stuff goes... Hopefully be able to pull the heads on the junkyard lbz

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well when you get the chance I hope you find some answers and can get the ol girl running in tip top shape again. I hate seeing people's trucks down. I know how it feels and to say it's frustrating would just be the tip of the iceberg

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Oil leak was a pinched gasket on the upped valve cover..
Got the coolant system pressurized... Cap doesn't lift till 19psi and reset at 18psi for a "15psi" .. See what it says in the AM... Finish the turbo swap as well..

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Got the new GT4088R chra on did little porting/gaskets matching on the exhaust pedestal.. Need to finish exhaust, clean PS where I dropped oil Down the side.. Oil change as well

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
And truck still uses coolant wtf :mad:
It also Randomly hazes can see it at night in headlights. And at idle but not enough to see color and nothing strong enough smell wise to whether it's oil, water, unburnt fuel
Balance rate are all +/-1 except 2/8 which are +/-3
Heads where pressure tested all came back good
Then my ABS light came on this morning :mad:

Last edited: