LML Twins and Opinions

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
First dealer called. Offered $50K for trade in, MSRP on the new truck is $59,900 how I built it and they want to sell it at $53,500 basically so out of pocket is $3,900 or so. Told them no way I want cash back if anything. Checking two more dealers today and tomorrow and if they can’t be even or positive on cash flow then I’ll list it for private sale and see how that goes. First dealer even offered to loan me a new truck to drive for two months until the order shows up so they could market the one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy did this with a bunch of extra shit on the truck. They said it didn’t add much value. He got the quote on paper went home and ripped almost everything including his lift and wheels and brought it back. They were pissed but wouldn’t go back on their word so obviously extra aftermarket stuff does add some value.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I find it kinda strange that dealer wants it with all the engine modifications. I was under the impression the dealer had to sell with a stock factory exhaust, which won’t work with all the stuff you have on it. I wonder if you took all that off if they’d offer the same money.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
You have to remember most salesman/sales managers don’t know shit about cars especially diesel trucks with lots of modifications. When they popped the hood the “buyer” was like what’s this and that and that and didn’t say a word about the missing EGR or emissions or anything.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
In fact, I know at this dealer someone traded in a base V6 mustang that had a Shelby body kit on it and they quoted him a trade in over $50K as they thought it was a limited edition. He took that number, bought a new Silverado and left. Later on they ran the vin and found out it was worth $12K and the used car sakes manager got fired but the dude that traded it made out like a bandit.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
They just want the aftermarket stuff as it's a quicker flip, lot easier to sell when everyone else has a stock one for the same coin. You could pull the twin turbos off, slap a stock trans in it, paint all the factory pipes and they'd be none the wiser.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’d love too but there’s no stock parts to replace what I would take off and don’t want to deal with the hassel. I might see if I can keep the running boards, the sub, the front light bar and that’s about it. If the dealers today can’t make it happen on price I’ll just list it private and see what I get.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That was the quickest $20k price drop I've ever seen! List it on Facebook in one of the diesel groups. Some young guy that makes more money than he knows what to do with may fall in love with it; it's a really nice truck. Good luck with the sale and the new truck.

Yep! Make sure you list it here it TX. Lots of dumbasses with oil field money would love that truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Alright so the other two dealers gave me the same story about how they can’t go over 120% LTV and the best I’ll get is $50K for my truck. I’ve decided I don’t want to deal with trying to sell it private or have to entertain people at my house or have to go to third-party locations to show it and give test drives. I’m just gonna keep the truck as I have so much invested and I’ll end up buying a daily driver like that Cadillac I was talking about and use this for hauling and towing when I need to.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Alright so the other two dealers gave me the same story about how they can’t go over 120% LTV and the best I’ll get is $50K for my truck. I’ve decided I don’t want to deal with trying to sell it private or have to entertain people at my house or have to go to third-party locations to show it and give test drives. I’m just gonna keep the truck as I have so much invested and I’ll end up buying a daily driver like that Cadillac I was talking about and use this for hauling and towing when I need to.

That's good I think in the long run you will thank yourself :hug:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Yes anyway the stock brakes are available still if anyone needs a full set for their LML or probably L5P

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Just what I need, some guy (broker or client), without me around, hauling ass on tune five doing burnouts and cracking a piston or snapping the crank.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
So just did a 1,500 mile road trip this last week through southwest Colorado mostly in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Ridgeway and Telluride. Had a lot of fun and the truck ran well but the valley turbo started making wierd noises going up and down the steep grades when using tow haul and/or the turbo break. Only happens when coasting and as soon as I apply throttle and the veins change position it goes away. Remember, this turbo was new and has already been rebuilt once by Danville after it failed at 700 miles.

Here’s a video for reference:

https://youtu.be/QG2C7EWT__k